• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti road building campaigners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti road building campaigners

When is someone going to knock these silly bastards on their arse when they regularly spout 'build more roads and everyone knows this just results in more cars'?

No it fecking doesnt.

What results in 'more cars' on the roads is people's wealth. The number of cars doesnt increase exponentially just because a few miles of new tarmac are laid. People having spare money does. Kids passing their driving test and buying their first car, does. Parents buying cars for their kids, does.

But, new tarmac doesnt.

That is all.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

It's a helicopter or you are failing at contracting
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

True enough.

There was a period a couple of years ago when fuel sales went down as people were driving less.

Plus lots of 17-21 can't afford to drive due to insurance costs.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        True enough.

There was a period a couple of years ago when fuel sales went down as people were driving less.

Plus lots of 17-21 can't afford to drive due to insurance costs.
        Insurance for young drivers seems to have plummetted in cost since the boom began again. I think the insurers don't give a tulip about risk anymore. Driving is cheap as chips!

Comment

Build it and they will come.

the roads mentioned are the same size as they were in the 70s car ownership has gone up. Apparently we should build more train lines.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            the roads mentioned are the same size as they were in the 70s car ownership has gone up. Apparently we should build more train lines.
            That'll only result in more trains.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Yes, but we'll need more roads so we can drive to the station.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                yes but trains aren't evil like private cars.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  When is someone going to knock these silly bastards on their arse when they regularly spout 'build more roads and everyone knows this just results in more cars'?

No it fecking doesnt.

What results in 'more cars' on the roads is people's wealth. The number of cars doesnt increase exponentially just because a few miles of new tarmac are laid. People having spare money does. Kids passing their driving test and buying their first car, does. Parents buying cars for their kids, does.

But, new tarmac doesnt.

That is all.
                  I have four cars and no matter how hard I try I can only drive one at a time.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I have four cars and no matter how hard I try I can only drive one at a time.
                    yes but you should be forced to drive a fiat 500 not a nasty earth killing Jag or BMW. You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X