• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shooting people in the lift

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting people in the lift

Maybe I've been in this banking thing too long or down London too long but is it just me?

Do you ever feel like blowing away the t0ssers in the office lift? If so, which would you start with? Would it be the tw4t in the pinstripe suit and braces, thinking he's Gordon Gecko from the film Wall Street? Will it be Time nice but Dim, the Oxbridge Candidate who's never done a days work in his life? Would it be the legions of 'much cheapness' sort, ferrying their canisters of curry into the building? Would it be yourself as you look at your reflection in the mirror and ask where did it all go wrong?

The chunt who gets in at floor 2 and gets out at floor 3.

And also the chunts who got in, pressed 5, then had a discussion about whether the person they were going to visit was on 6, so pressed that too. Then when the doors opened at 5 decided that was the right floor after all.

If it wasn't all on clients time I'd be

Comment

or the one who feels obliged to have a conversation at the top of their voice amongst 10 complete strangers about how fantastic their life is or about important they are on planet earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I used to work with a chap like that, we always wondered if he would go postal.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Yes.

Just as well it ain't Texas, all in all.

Sad thing is part of my yearly employee training thing here covers what to do if someone does go postal / hear gun shots in the office, even have a test at the end on it.
            I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Duck & cover?

Pretty much lol, its obvious things like, 1. Try and work out from the sound of gun fire were it is coming from, 2. Don't go that way (identified in 1), 3. Try and get out of office / floor you are on if possible, 4. Hide.
              Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 1 December 2014, 17:08.
              I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                Pretty much lol, its obvious things like, 1. Try and work out from the sound of gun fire is comming from, 2. Don't got that way (identified in 1), 3. Try and get out of office / floor you are if possible, 4. Hide.
                Oh nice!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Oh nice!
                  Avoid the lifts !!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    The chunt who gets in at floor 2 and gets out at floor 3.
                    That's nothing - There's a butterball permie at clientco I've seen waddling in at floor 2 and out at floor 1

But lift annoyances are nothing besides some dying sick parrot permie sitting right opposite me with a hacking cough, all day long! It isn't even cold yet FFS! What's he been doing? Standing in a pond up to his neck for an hour?! I can already feel his horrid little viruses burrowing into my throat.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X