PDA

View Full Version : Almost 12:30....Keep your eye open......

tractor
3rd December 2014, 12:01
.... for those hard to find little gems on the IR web site or sideways references slipped in during the Autumn Statement opening of the pantomime season.

Report anything you find here please ;)

Pondlife
3rd December 2014, 12:15
The Chancellor is today expected to launch a crusade against what he termed the Tax dodging, freeloading lazy contractors. Special powers are to be given to HMRC with the creation of a new department for the Identification of Pernicious & Serious Evils. Perpetrators identified by IPSE department and deemed to be FLCs are to be flogged on the street and the bill for the whip given to their offspring.

DaveB
3rd December 2014, 12:29
Sell off of government IP 4 address space

Unless someone talked him out of it at the last minute.

TheFaQQer
3rd December 2014, 12:58
Who's the bloke sat next to Cameron (not Danny Alexander, who has had work done)?

barrydidit
3rd December 2014, 13:11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B37r4YRCAAAW46K.jpg:large

:rollin:

BolshieBastard
3rd December 2014, 13:12
People working through umbrella's to be given more employment protection and taxable expenses \ allowances to be reduced?

vetran
3rd December 2014, 13:14
Oh Dear

Umbrella companies being used to avoid tax and pay minimum wage. You are in their crosshairs.

tractor
3rd December 2014, 13:16
Oh Dear

Umbrella companies being used to avoid tax and pay minimum wage. You are in their crosshairs.

There goes 3m of the 'self employed' :wave:

TheFaQQer
3rd December 2014, 13:16
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B37r4YRCAAAW46K.jpg:large

:rollin:

They've swapped places from that image. Or that image isn't from today's speech.

vetran
3rd December 2014, 13:17
There goes 3m of the 'self employed' :wave:

well they have put 25% tax on offshored profits, should be interesting to collect that. Only 4BN in next 5 years seemed a little low.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30307528

BolshieBastard
3rd December 2014, 13:19
Personal tax threshold up.

That'll help my (low paid) lads.

BolshieBastard
3rd December 2014, 13:20
well they have put 25% tax on offshored profits, should be interesting to collect that. Only 4BN in next 5 years seemed a little low.

BBC News - Key points of 2014 Autumn Statement: At-a-glance (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30307528)

Isnt it 25% tax on profits generated in the UK but shifted offshore, a la starbucks, to avoid UK tax?

vetran
3rd December 2014, 13:24
Isnt it 25% tax on profits generated in the UK but shifted offshore, a la starbucks, to avoid UK tax?

hence 'offshored' rather than 'Offshore'.

barrydidit
3rd December 2014, 13:25
They've swapped places from that image. Or that image isn't from today's speech.

Booo. How interesting, it was on the Telegraph website - now it's not there.......

vetran
3rd December 2014, 13:27
Yes

Stamp duty cut, even if you have exchanged, Result!

a large bottle to be enjoyed tonight.

Bunk
3rd December 2014, 13:36
Yes

Ah, it's now a progressive tax, interesting...

quackhandle
3rd December 2014, 13:41
"Old pacer carriages on Northern Rail and the Trans-Pennine Express replaced with new and modern trains."

I did laugh at this, they're are scheduled for removal anyway 2019? via disablity legislation.

Can't come soon enough, god I hate Northern Rail (only using until contra flows are gone from M56).

qh

vetran
3rd December 2014, 13:44
Yes

and now done the calculation I'm one of the 2% that pays more :ohwell looks like I didn't win this time neither does anyone who pays more than £375K but I missed a bullet as I have a choice.

13:26: Stamp duty rates Mr Osborne spelled out the new stamp duty rates.
No tax on the first £125,000 paid
2% on the portion up to £250,000
5% up to £925,000
10% up to £1.5 million
12% on everything above that.
He said:"As a result stamp duty will be cut for the 98% of homebuyers who pay it."

SueEllen
3rd December 2014, 13:45
"Old pacer carriages on Northern Rail and the Trans-Pennine Express replaced with new and modern trains."

I did laugh at this, they're are scheduled for removal anyway 2019? via disablity legislation.

Can't come soon enough, god I hate Northern Rail (only using until contra flows are gone from M56).

qh

Cynic!

quackhandle
3rd December 2014, 13:49
Cynic!

Moi? Perish the thought. (I have a sneaky feeling there may be a snap election next year.) :wink

qh

barrydidit
3rd December 2014, 13:52

qh

There aren't any old pacer carriages on Transpennine Express, they're all nice trains. :confused:

quackhandle
3rd December 2014, 13:53
There aren't any old pacer carriages on Transpennine Express, they're all nice trains. :confused:

Agreed, NR has them all.

qh

eek
3rd December 2014, 14:02

Supposedly the posher trains have been leased to a different company down South early next year. See TransPennine Express loses trains to 'David Cameron's stomping ground' - The Journal (http://www.thejournal.co.uk/north-east-analysis/analysis-news/transpennine-express-loses-trains-david-7928948)

barrydidit
3rd December 2014, 14:10
Supposedly the posher trains have been leased to a different company down South early next year. See TransPennine Express loses trains to 'David Cameron's stomping ground' - The Journal (http://www.thejournal.co.uk/north-east-analysis/analysis-news/transpennine-express-loses-trains-david-7928948)

Yes, i imagine that was what the second bit of QH's post related to. 'New and modern' might turn out to mean replacing NR 60's kit and TPX 2000's kit with 90's stuff from down south. Along with the line, 'well, it's new to you lot. And more modern than most of what we took away'. :devil

Lewis
3rd December 2014, 14:16
and now done the calculation I'm one of the 2% that pays more :ohwell looks like I didn't win this time neither does anyone who pays more than £375K but I missed a bullet as I have a choice.

Stamp duty on a £375K house will be £2,500 less tomorrow.
I reckon the break even point today vs tomorrow is closer to £900K.
Over (around) £900K you will be paying more stamp duty tomorrow (unless you have already exchanged then you can choose).

eek
3rd December 2014, 14:16
Yes, i imagine that was what the second bit of QH's post related to. 'New and modern' might turn out to mean replacing NR 60's kit and TPX 2000's kit with 90's stuff from down south. Along with the line, 'well, it's new to you lot. And more modern than most of what we took away'. :devil

Given what I see on the local routes around here the 90's stuff would be a seriously good improvement...

FatLazyContractor
3rd December 2014, 14:19
Migrants to lose unemployment benefits if they have "no prospect" of work after six weeks

:tumble:

SueEllen
3rd December 2014, 14:34
Why give them 6 weeks?

If they can't speak English give them nothing from the beginning.

Sorry when I've worked abroad I made triply sure I had a job first and some savings just in case.

vetran
3rd December 2014, 14:36
the Beeb seen to have calculated the stamp duty differently

The Chancellor turned the 300-year-old duty into a virtual “mansion tax”. For a typical £510,000 house in London the bill will fall by £4,900 — from £20,400 to £15,500.

I'm missing something.

TheFaQQer
3rd December 2014, 14:38

They spent millions re-opening the Todmorden Curve, and now there are no trains because they're heading down south :(

FatLazyContractor
3rd December 2014, 14:41
"In a moment or two he will be looking as awkward as when he ate that bacon sandwich," Mr Cameron said at Prime Minister's Questions.

http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9407246.ece/alternates/w620/milibandwide2.jpg

TheFaQQer
3rd December 2014, 17:20
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/79485000/jpg/_79485421_79485419.jpg

Osborne tries to understand the OBR figures released during the Autumn Statement

tractor
3rd December 2014, 17:23
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/79485000/jpg/_79485421_79485419.jpg

Osborne tries to understand the OBR figures released during the Autumn Statement

No he wasn't, you can tell from the little sideways lean and the almost satisfactory grimace that he was simply letting off a little steam......

vetran
3rd December 2014, 17:30
No he wasn't, you can tell from the little sideways lean and the almost satisfactory grimace that he was simply letting off a little steam......

it might be a lot if he is a fan of fisting.

OwlHoot
3rd December 2014, 17:31
Yes

Wahey! I exchanged four months ago (and forked out a shed load of stamp duty when I completed a months later)

So, refund here we come! :banana:

TheFaQQer
3rd December 2014, 17:39
Wahey! I exchanged four months ago (and forked out a shed load of stamp duty when I completed a months later)

Are they refunding it? I thought it was new from tonight, but if you've exchanged but not completed you can choose which system to be taxed under.

TheCyclingProgrammer
3rd December 2014, 17:46

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but if you've completed you aren't getting a refund.

OwlHoot
3rd December 2014, 18:01
Sorry to piss on your bonfire but if you've completed you aren't getting a refund.

I guessed that, otherwise people could claim refunds from years ago - It was a joke. :eyes

Batcher
4th December 2014, 09:04
I guessed that, otherwise people could claim refunds from years ago - It was a joke. :eyes

:tumble: