• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iranian F4 Phantoms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian F4 Phantoms

BBC News - Islamic State: Kerry says group 'significantly' damaged

What made me chuckle at the irony was that Iran has struggled to find spare parts for the Phantoms, but many have come from Israeli arms dealers.

Where's there money, forget everything else. :

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

The F4 Phantom is ******* awesome plane. Its as noisey as **** with afterburners on full chat.

Remember building an Airfix kit in US Navy scheme when I was a kid. Ace and it was the pride of my fleet! Never flew very well when I chucked it though!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      The F4 Phantom is ******* awesome plane. Its as noisey as **** with afterburners on full chat.
      Ahhh those were the days, 25 summers ago, working on Phantoms in rural suffolk. F4Ms on 56 Firebird sqn and F4Js on 74 Tiger sqn. Last of the great analogue radars, pre box changing for idiots aircraft, when you really had to know your doppler circuitry.

My second best day in the RAF was at the ACMI range in Sardinia where I witnessed the 'Bear' who was a big fecking ugly pilot who could really really fly. His two ship, Phantoms, were 'jumped' by a fourship, F16s, his wingman was shot down nearly straightaway, but Bear in the ensuing dogfight shot down three F16s before he succumbed. Awesome flying.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
      X