• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract termination

Due to some issues at work it's been suggested that i hand in my notice. However i'm not allowed to give notice according to the contract so the client has agreed to give me notice and pay me off for one month; there are 3 months left on the contract (by the way notice hasn't been made official yet probably Monday)

Do i have any options?

Yes.

Take the paid time off to brush up on new skills, revamp your CV and get a better paid contract.

Sounds like good news.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Sounds like a blinder to me, they could just tell you to feck off and give you nothing

Comment

fair enough got that one any others

Comment

yes they could but the manager knows it's not my fault a feels like a c*** for having to do this

Comment

Go postal.
            Blair, you cannot reach me now,
            No matter how you try,
            Goodbye cruel Labour,
            Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by liveforever
              Due to some issues at work it's been suggested that i hand in my notice. However i'm not allowed to give notice according to the contract so the client has agreed to give me notice and pay me off for one month; there are 3 months left on the contract (by the way notice hasn't been made official yet probably Monday)

Do i have any options?
              Lucky sod. Free cash. Next contract

Comment

sniff

yes they could but the manager knows it's not my fault a feels like a c*** for having to do this

Feck me, you sniff of permie. Take the free money, thank your lucky stars and go find another client (sorry, I mean manager). jeezuz.

Comment

Couldn’t be further from the truth. I'll exploit every opportunity available to me; businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by liveforever

Do i have any options?
                    what happened exactly?

Comment

Working...
                    X