• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn statement - economic stimulus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn statement - economic stimulus

So a chance to get the economy going. And where does the money go? Into house prices which are already over-heating.

I suppose without rising house prices and immigration there would be no economic growth.

Anyone would think there was an election coming.

To be honest if the country has to be bribed at this point to keep the conservatives in power then I am broadly happy. Labour caused nearly as much damage last time as a soviet nuclear strike, have possibly the worst leader in their history and they are still only 1% behind in the polls. Scares the tulip out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      To be honest if the country has to be bribed at this point to keep the conservatives in power then I am broadly happy. Labour caused nearly as much damage last time as a soviet nuclear strike, have possibly the worst leader in their history and they are still only 1% behind in the polls. Scares the tulip out of me.
      Agreed. As bad as the Tories may be, I can't fathom why anyone with a functioning brain would vote Labour back in. I don't think they will make it in (they're going to pay the iron price for their malfeasances in Scotland), subject to a number of ifs and buts, and I hope I am right on that. Perhaps Cameron will start rethinking that resounding no of his to a confidence and supply arrangement with UKIP. He's backpedaled enough, as it is. There's still a number of people who think they represent the "working class" or "the north" or somesuch twaddle, and Labour seem to be capitalising on that.

Comment

Labour will get in next time. Mark my words. The people are stupid.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think labour will come back in Scotland when they get a new leadership. Johann Lamont made Ed Milliband look like FD Roosevelt. Jim Murphy is a complete tit but he is not shy in engaging with the public and can debate to a reasonable standard. He will pull it back and these seats will count for Labour.

As an aside My dad fookin' hates Jim Murphy, his house is near the church the old boy attends, says his garden is a complete state, spent 9 years at uni without graduating.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Its true Labour were not great. But I don't believe it would have been any better under the Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Labour will get in next time. Mark my words. The people are stupid.
              Coalition please.

Stop either of them doing much.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Its true Labour were not great. But I don't believe it would have been any better under the Tories.
                labour are a bunch of sociopaths,frankly I would prefer the monster raving loony party.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Coalition please.

Stop either of them doing much.
                  Like this one?

If it's a coalition, it could well be Labour / SNP...
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    The state of the country is better than it was in 2010, not saying things are brilliant, but we don't seem to have banks asking for billions every week, massively rising unemployment and taxes rising like a rocket.

Taxes are still much too high and wages are still too low.

Credit to the Liberal Democrats (no I'm not a fan or supporter) for raising the tax threshold. I think this policy not much talked about is a great example of helping people who make the least amount of money keep more.

Raising tuition fees across the board to 9K a year was a stupid thing to do and an unfair way to finance universities. Though having a level of fees was a good idea.
                    I'm just baffled why anyone thinks voting Labour back in would change a single thing - if anything, it will disrupt the Coalition's work on getting the budget back on track.

They don't have a grip on economics and most of their ideas simply involve spending, taxing, borrowing and printing more than the Tories. Doesn't inspire confidence. They're an anachronism.
                    Last edited by Zero Liability; 4 December 2014, 08:16.

Comment

Working...
                    X