• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't take her up the OXO tower

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't take her up the OXO tower

Food at Chiltern Firehouse branded 'meh' in new Harden's London Restaurant guide | Daily Mail Online

Oxo Tower named 'most disappointing' eatery and food at Cara Delevingne haunt Chiltern Firehouse branded 'meh' in new London restaurant guide
    Results out in 24th edition of Harden's London Restaurants guide
    The Ledbury in Notting Hill crowned London's best restaurant
    Hammersmith's The River Cafe is London's most overpriced eatery
    That's disappointing I was taking her that way tonight, thought she might enjoy it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Bump for the slow ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS
      Eaten at the Oxo tower twice in last 6-7 years and have to agree its been by far the most disapointing place I've ever eaten at what you factor everything in list, cost location etc. First time I went I came out hungry ended up in WH Smiths to get a packet of crisps / chcos for the way home, second time didn't leave hungry but felt well and truely ripped off, only went the 2nd time as it was other halfs birthday and she had never been / wanted to go.

Also done a few Gorden Ramsey places all were sh*t and expensive, did xmas dinner as well at Jamies Italian in the city ... that was sh*t as well but at least price ok.

Fav place to eat is my local curry house, two can eat loads and get p*ssed all for £35.
      Are you cut out to be a contractor?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Are you cut out to be a contractor?
        Yeah .. but does not mean I like p*ssing my £ away , last time I went to the Oxo Tower the starters a lone for 2 people were over £70, I think I ended up paying around £360 - £370 for two people with average wine and me having one of the cheapest mains, it just wasn't worth the £. I don't mind paying if its worth it but Oxo defo was not worth the £.
        I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
          Yeah .. but does not mean I like p*ssing my £ away , last time I went to the Oxo Tower the starters a lone for 2 people were over £70, I think I ended up paying around £360 - £370 for two people with average wine and me having one of the cheapest mains, it just wasn't worth the £. I don't mind paying if its worth it but Oxo defo was not worth the £.
          With that money you can feed a family of four contractors for a week up here in Harrogate, lad!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            With that money you can feed a family of four contractors for a week up here in Harrogate, lad!
            You must eat at the dearest places then, you could feed eight with that much in Keighley lad!
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              You must eat at the dearest places then, you could feed eight with that much in Keighley lad!
              10 people in Eton the other night.

Comment

Working...
              X