• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC inciting racial hatred?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC inciting racial hatred?

BBC News - Eric Garner death: US orders civil rights inquiry

The US justice department is to launch a civil rights investigation into the death of Eric Garner, a black man who was placed in an apparent chokehold by a white New York police officer.

Why do they have to use the terms black and white? I believe the average American cop of whatever colour is quite capable of murdering an innocent citizen of whatever colour.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Eric Garner death: US orders civil rights inquiry

The US justice department is to launch a civil rights investigation into the death of Eric Garner, a black man who was placed in an apparent chokehold by a white New York police officer.

Why do they have to use the terms black and white? I believe the average American cop of whatever colour is quite capable of murdering an innocent citizen of whatever colour.
    Yes, but the white cops do murder a disproportionately large number of black citizens.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Because it makes a better story
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Because it makes a better story
        I could understand it in the wail - but I thought the BBC was above this sort of malarky.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I could understand it in the wail - but I thought the BBC was above this sort of malarky.
          The BBC are above it if the offender isn't white, but they delight in painting whites as racists.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

George Osborne accuses BBC of ‘hyperbolic’ coverage of Autumn Statement - Telegraph

Someon else unhappy with the BBC....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              The BBC are above it if the offender isn't white, but they delight in painting whites as racists.
              The stats back them up (in this area, not in life generally)
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                The stats back them up (in this area, not in life generally)
                what that there are more violent white racists ? Not seen those stats.

There are more Black people arrested and injured by the police but they are also more likely to be proportionally involved in violence on the streets.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Don't blame the BBC. It is relevant in practice. White cop kills black guy = riots usually. Cops of whatever colour killing anyone else of whatever colour is a purely local issue. Same in the UK.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    what that there are more violent white racists ? Not seen those stats.

There are more Black people arrested and injured by the police but they are also more likely to be proportionally involved in violence on the streets.
                    Stats on who white and black cops arrest/question? Stats on who is sentenced to the death penalty and who actually gets killed?

When you say black people are more likely to be involved in crimes, is that because they're the ones who get caught since they're the ones the cops target?

Also, you're suggesting cops should target black people since it's more likely they are guilty?

It's fairly incontrovertible that if a white cop pulls up, you're far better to be white than black.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X