• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would any woman really prefer the "good" old days?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would any woman really prefer the "good" old days?

Some women say they DO pine for the sexist office life of the Seventies | Daily Mail Online

I might have preferred life in an office in the seventies - then I think how I would feel if my daughter had to go through that.

Once they put a banner over my desk reading “Beware, she has A-levels”,

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Some women say they DO pine for the sexist office life of the Seventies | Daily Mail Online

I might have preferred life in an office in the seventies - then I think how I would feel if my daughter had to go through that.
      I enjoyed the slower pace but the behavior was totally unacceptable.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

It all started going downhill when we started letting them out of the cave.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          It all started going downhill when we started letting them out of the cave.
          Then we gave them the vote FFS.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

It is against that background that you have to consider the current spate of sexual assault cases.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              Then we gave them the vote FFS.
              And wood

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                And wood
                Not all bad then.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

See nothing has changed then.
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
                  X