• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How corrupt are we

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How corrupt are we

2014 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Results

interesting I would have thought UAE would be lower.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

If we shot a few well known public figures our ranking would rise at least 5 places.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I would vote for no corruption in the UK - for a price.

Comment

Business to business and specifically the public sector interface to business is riddled with corruption. In business development funding from government agencies you can't really miss it. I have multiple examples of it going on there.

Generally of you don't exist in that arena you don't come across corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Business to business and specifically the public sector interface to business is riddled with corruption. In business development funding from government agencies you can't really miss it. I have multiple examples of it going on there.

Generally of you don't exist in that arena you don't come across corruption.
          Most people are probably thinking of UK Defence companies and the Royal Family.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If one can buy CUK personality of the year then anything is for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If one can buy CUK personality of the year then anything is for sale.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Endemic corruption is the "norm" for vast majority of the worlds population.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  2014 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Results

interesting I would have thought UAE would be lower.
                  It's a load of bollocks. The UK is just clever with corruption so they don't get prosecuted.

And how about this in the USA, Judge Sentenced for selling kids to private prisons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYIi9QmSjFQ

Judge Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison for "Selling" Kids to Private Prisons
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    It's a load of bollocks. The UK is just clever with corruption so they don't get prosecuted.
                    Indeed. Premier Foods tells suppliers: Give us money or face losing our business - Telegraph

Comment

Working...
                    X