• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feck that for a game of soldiers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck that for a game of soldiers

OK, let me set the scene.

I finish my contract at the end of this month to become a permie.

My current agency is going to receive a "finders fee".

I've just received an email saying that they(the agency) can't "place me" in a staff job unless I send them proof of my identity!

FFS, I've been contracting here for nine months! I've been interviewed by HR here at the company, they have a copy of my passport and driving license - yet the agency won't "let" me go staff without proof of my ID.

Ah well, the agency can go feck themselves!

You got a nice permie package that compares favourably to contracting then Churchill?

Bet you can't wait for those performance reviews!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
      Gotto love those!

Spod, what did you answer to question - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?

Comment

Spod going permie

never thought I'd see the day

congratulations

btw: a friend of mine had the same prob ...she sent them a copy of her passport ..they said they never received it .. she went to see them in person and showed them the passport ..a couple of weeks later they had a case of amnesia and said they still need proof of ID .. she sent them another copy ..again no records of it ..it just kept going on and on so she just gave up on them and went somewhere else .. hope this doesn't happen to you !!

Comment

Another dog bites the dust...

HTH
          The rest is silence...

Comment

Performance reviews, what a superb (non-)management concept. Basically get the employee to fill out endless forms ranking themselves according to how they think they've done in dozens of different categories.
            A DIY appraisal to save management the trouble of having to think about their staff.
            On that basis I'm amazed schoolchildren these days don't write their own reports to save busy teachers' workloads.

Then they average the scores, subtract 15%, and barring total incompetence, the individual should get exactly the same overall grade as everyone else
            e.g. the grade just below one that is required for a guaranteed and decent pay rise. After one or two annual cycles anyone genuinely deserving of the highest grade will have already worked out they need to resign and go contracting.

Also see "Mentoring" - a practice mentioned by all major consultancies during induction, but never actually carried out in any of them, ever.

Comment

You got a nice permie package that compares favourably to contracting then Churchill?

They've certainly made it worth my while to join.
              (I even get a company Skoda...)

As for where I'm going to be in 2 years, I've already got my eyes on my bosses office when he joins the board.

Comment

Working...
              X