• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this legit or a hoax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this legit or a hoax?

It's floating around on the web but anyone know if it's for real?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Who had a car with a five speed box in 1972?

Comment

Not sure about that, the lyrics to Mungo Jerry's "In the Summertime", which was about the same time, says "Have a drink, have a drive"... so maybe it wasn't frowned on at all.

Mind you, the only thing I was drinking back then was Ribena, and the only thing I was driving was my pedal car
      • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
      • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

It's a fake.

In 1972 the limit was 8 pints, a packet of tabs and a double whisky.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I call bulltulip, there doesn't even seem to have been a HMG Health Commission
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Who had a car with a five speed box in 1972?
            This. A fifth gear was still considered exotic ten years after the supposed date on the poster.

Comment

Didn't you have to walk along a line to prove sobriety?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                One's 'orseless carriage would have had an overdrive to provide the 5th gear.

In the event that one's 'orseless carriage was a bit sporty like, it might have had overdrive on 3rd gear as well as top.
                What hapopened to the bloke you paid to walk in front of your car with a red flag?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  This. A fifth gear was still considered exotic ten years after the supposed date on the poster.
                  Maybe that would have given the poster extra punch - suggesting that having a fifth pint was as outlandish as a car with a fifth gear

(although that psychology could have backfired if five gear cars were considered exotic in a good way)

It doesn't feel genuine to me though

and there's this:

1965: Drink-drive limit to be introduced

In January 1966 the new Road Safety Bill was introduced. It set a limit of 80mg of alcohol in 100cc of blood and it became an offence to drive when over this limit.

In 1967 the breathalyser was introduced as a way of testing a person's blood alcohol level. ...
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I find that five pints is the sweet spot for getting behind the wheel, all the traffic lights disappear and there are no other cars.

Comment

Working...
                    X