• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Buses Remembered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Buses Remembered

Do you remember yours?

Mine was a 1960s mcw just like the one pictured.

I'll never forget the pride I felt the first time I was the first in line at the school gates and the responsibility of opening the coach's door on its arrival fell to me.

More than a little nervewracking too as I felt 100 pairs of eyes watching me.

Not the easiest of doors to open, if you'll recall; the handles were always really stiff and you needed to give the door a real hard yank to get it to open which it did by swivelling on its axis.

Mine was, mercifully, an act of poetry in motion and I was not consequently stigmatised by an inability to open the door of the school bus for the rest of my schooldays.

Working...
X