• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How should the UK hungry be helped?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well?

BBC News - Archbishop Justin Welby urges help for UK hungry
    Send em to the poor house
    12.12%
    Stop em spending money on ciggies
    24.24%
    More food banks
    18.18%
    A proper economic recoveery the whole country can share in
    30.30%
    Taxing AndyW's Mum's income - that would be enough for healthy food for everyone
    15.15%

only when they quit their:

sky tv subscriptions
    smoking habit
    drinking habit
    quit owning a car

etc etc etc
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Let them eat cake. 🍰
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        only when they quit their:

sky tv subscriptions
        smoking habit
        drinking habit
        quit owning a car

etc etc etc
        Get real.

1. Sky TV subscriptions are for a year - if they are to thick to understand how to budget then if they took the subscription out they are stuck with it.
        2. Lots of people don't smoke and if they do get their cigarettes of the back of a lorry.
        3. Lots of people only drink their friends' or parents alcohol so don't actually buy it. Some of the single mothers I use to know use to get alcohol given to them. The couple of single men I know who were alcoholics didn't really bother about eating so wouldn't be the type to go to a food bank.
        4. If you are in the middle of no where how are you suppose to get to your job? In London and larger cities lots of people whether working or not don't have cars as they can get around on buses but not if you are rural.

Any more stereotypes you want to try?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"Are there no prisons?
          Are there no workhouses?"

Great read - get it out for Christmas, make all you (ahem) Ebeneezers have a change of heart

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Get real.

1. Sky TV subscriptions are for a year - if they are to thick to understand how to budget then if they took the subscription out they are stuck with it.
            2. Lots of people don't smoke and if they do get their cigarettes of the back of a lorry.
            3. Lots of people only drink their friends' or parents alcohol so don't actually buy it. Some of the single mothers I use to know use to get alcohol given to them. The couple of single men I know who were alcoholics didn't really bother about eating so wouldn't be the type to go to a food bank.
            4. If you are in the middle of no where how are you suppose to get to your job? In London and larger cities lots of people whether working or not don't have cars as they can get around on buses but not if you are rural.

You wear comfortable shoes don't you?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You wear comfortable shoes don't you?
              Nope knee high boots with a various sized heels why?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Get real.

Things like a TV or a second-hand car are relatively cheap compared with council tax, electricity, water and gas. It is the high cost of necessities driving people to be hungry.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think we should make it legal for poor people who are thin to steal food from people who are clinically obese.

It would solve 2 problems at once and the Bible kind of suggests it is allowed so morally it works for me.

Comment

Get real.

1. Anyone in the UK who does not pay off their credit card monthly cannot budget. Fact. I bet there's millions of people with unmanageable debt because they never cared to budget in the first place.

2. That true. Lots of people don't smoke.

3. Don't buy it. 'gifted alcohol', that's scrapping the barrel. When your luck is down there's always a penny or two to buy a pint.

4. I don't own a car. I use public transport. There's no excuse to own a car at the same time your using a food bank.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X