• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long before these are banned from sale?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long before these are banned from sale?

BBC News - Heathrow plane in near miss with drone

They're talking about lack of training and people using them wrong, but that's never realistically going to change, more likely the sales will be controlled at the least.

I don't think they can be banned now, or banning them will not stop people getting them.

I think the world would be a better place if they were not around, it wont be long before people are using them to spy through peoples windows. One nearly caused a riot at a football game. The potential for misuse is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I don't think they can be banned now, or banning them will not stop people getting them.

I think the world would be a better place if they were not around, it wont be long before people are using them to spy through peoples windows. One nearly caused a riot at a football game. The potential for misuse is massive.
      Sounds like the United States and guns.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Sounds like the United States and guns.
        Essentially yes.

I had a rather long debate over this subject on Friday night. It started off as a debate of the effects of the internet on children then moved onto regulation. My point was that every major technical advancement we have had up until the internet has had to be regulated and we now accepted those regulations as necessary. Air travel, guns, media, drugs etc. But these advancements have happened over generations and the government of the day has had time to work out what to do with them.

Technological advancements now happen quicker than the government can react so they are ubiquitous before there is time to regulate. The point of gun control in the US came up as I made a point that guns were ubiquitous before they had a government and there was no going back.

Our government works on a system that really belongs in the 17th century and it needs to be changed.

So that is the kind of tulip I talk about on Friday nights, you probably all thought I would be drunk in a gutter or something.

Comment

I think the government are looking for a pretext to ban them even it means creating a false flag situation.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I don't really believe in false flag terrorism, there are enough terrorists out there to do terror for them but the possibility for carnage is massive.

They can be flown for miles and land on a coordinate, they can carry loads. It is going to happen sooner or later.

Comment

I saw one crash in the middle of Wembley Stadium once, almost hit the President it did....

Comment

I can't see how they can ban them given the availability of the technology to build one at home.

What they must do is put in very very harsh penalties for flying it above a certain height near aircraft.

Comment

I don't really believe in false flag terrorism, there are enough terrorists out there to do terror for them but the possibility for carnage is massive.

They can be flown for miles and land on a coordinate, they can carry loads. It is going to happen sooner or later.
                  It wouldn't be that hard to build a "missile" from a load of fireworks and aim it towards the Heathrow flight path on a busy day either. I think the aircraft are quite robust, a 747 can get down on one engine.

Comment

it wont be long before people are using them to spy through peoples windows
                    They do. South Park is never wrong. All my extensive knowledge of human behaviour comes from watching South Park, The Simpsons or Sponge Bob Squarepants.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X