• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anger over migrants' food fishing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anger over migrants' food fishing

A row has erupted between anglers and migrant workers who are accused of catching fish and taking them home to eat rather than returning their catch.
    Local fishermen claim eastern Europeans are catching fish illegally in private lakes and rivers without a licence.

Many migrants see carp, perch and roach as part of their diet and struggle to understand the concept of fishing for pleasure without eating what you catch.

Signs in five different languages have now gone up at lakes in Southampton.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Let them eat hake.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Wish they'd stop carping about it
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Bunch of pikeys.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I like to have a McDonald's filet o fish for lunch.

Just because I like the smell of fish on my hands in the afternoon.

You with me?

Comment

Those damnable Eastern Europeans using angling as a source of food. Much better the Western way of using it as an excuse to torture animals and as a front for touching up children.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Many migrants see carp, perch and roach as part of their diet and struggle to understand the concept of fishing for pleasure without eating what you catch.
              Indeed - it was completely bizzarre concept to me even though I am no fisherman (just fished a few times) - when told first time that fish has to be let go I could not understand, thought it was my English.

Once I was in a queue in Soviet embassy in London and met one Russia guy, we drunk a beer while waiting for 2 (!) hour lunchtime to be over there. He said that he is a fisherman and fished few times illegally - he said it was a total alien concept to let the fish go, and of course they fished without license in private ponds cuz fish is the best there.

He was not a bad guy, but this is the kind of crap that is pretty common in Russians - even when they know that this kind of behavior is wrong and illegal here, they would still engage in it.

Comment

Grenade fishing - by canoe. Now that would p*ss the anglers off !
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

angels

Comment

On the subject of food and migrants, it strikes me that since there are no records of illegal immigrants and nobody is likely to report them missing, there's a bob or two to be made by luring them to a house with a promise of some no-questions-asked building work and topping them, flogging the carcases around the local kebab shops.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X