• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Scrooge thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scrooge thread

A thread for miserable old sods like me. Please post tips for saving money on Christmas presents, excuses to avoid seeing relatives, ways to avoid donating to charities, giving money to carol singers etc.

Could not be a*ed to buy a tree this year, bunged all the decorations in an old fish tank. Looks Brill.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Any suggestions for an Xmas present for a 2 year old granddaughter? Got to be The Pound Shop or The 99p Store obviously.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Crayons and colouring books. Both miserly and educational. She'll love it, and you can pretend it's for the development of her fine motor skills.

Comment

And what did you do with the fish

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Any suggestions for an Xmas present for a 2 year old granddaughter? Got to be The Pound Shop or The 99p Store obviously.
          A money box - get her into the right mindset early on.

Either that, or something horribly noisy to drive her parents beserk.

Comment

Also, wrapping paper is bad for the environment - so save extra cash by not wrapping owt.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Also, wrapping paper is bad for the environment - so save extra cash by not wrapping owt.

Comment

Have a Very Huddy Christmas
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Have a Very Huddy Christmas
                  You can pick your gift up next time you're down.

Comment

You can pick your gift up next time you're down.
                    What are the kids getting this year ? Packs of batteries with 'Toys not included' written on them ? An action man deserter ?
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X