• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£60,000 in benefits helped build my house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£60,000 in benefits helped build my house

Romanian migrant boasts handouts from the UK have helped him construct home in Romania | Daily Mail Online

Over to you, UKIPers...
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Very enterprising. Isn't it just another form of foreign aid? Wouldn't you do the same if another country offered benefits that could be used to build your family a home back here?

Comment

The UK pays for our daughters and neither of them were born there. I don't even pay tax into the UK system.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

One thing the UK is very good at is processing child benefit claims then checking the number of children the person has in their home country.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What happened to the second reply on this thread? Something like "would it be better if his children had come here", followed by something about road congestion. Can't remember who said it.

Censorship? Buggered database?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            What happened to the second reply on this thread? Something like "would it be better if his children had come here", followed by something about road congestion. Can't remember who said it.

Censorship? Buggered database?
            Has Nigel joined up?

Comment

He looks a lot older than 36 looks more mid-40's.

This whole beneift sh*t does p*ss me off I must say, even I had look to see if I could claim anything as the system seems so screwed. I couldn't claim anything, can't even get NHS dentist nothing and I recon I've pumped into the system about £700k in tax and NI payments in my working life so far.
              I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                He looks a lot older than 36 looks more mid-40's.

This whole beneift sh*t does p*ss me off I must say, even I had look to see if I could claim anything as the system seems so screwed. I couldn't claim anything, can't even get NHS dentist nothing and I recon I've pumped into the system about £700k in tax and NI payments in my working life so far.
                You aren't poor enough or don't claim to have any children.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So the Daily Mail's story is about a comment made to the Daily Express about a trailer for a TV show? I know they're fond of saying they "couldn't make it up" but now they're not even trying to, they're just copying what other people make up

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                    Very enterprising. Isn't it just another form of foreign aid? Wouldn't you do the same if another country offered benefits that could be used to build your family a home back here?
                    I think Scotland is quite good at that .

Last edited by minestrone; 8 December 2014, 20:47.

Comment

Working...
                    X