• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else got the lurgy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else got the lurgy?

I've had nowt since a mad 'fever of unknown origin (pyrexia?) a few months after having my ICD Defib fitted, (ICU and no invoicing for 5 weeks - arghh!), nary a cold. Feel them coming on sometimes, but the stek super white cells alway sort me. That was 3/4 years ago now I think...

Until Saturday, OMG I was freezing, leecy blanket on full, three quilts, even modest movement resulting in mad shivering for 3 mins till that bit of bed warmed up. The the hot sweats, then the shivers. Sun evening better, today better, but made the mistake of going outside and now I can't get warm again.

Worst of all, I've put the heating on at 26C!! I normally like it at 18, like Mark Corrigan off Peep Show. How much is that costing me?

Actually feeling better now I've warmed up and United's defeat tonight at Soton is due up in a while!

26C tho

Lot of it about

Zeity and I have both been moaning about our illnesses over in TPD. Your fever thingy sounds a bit like whatever laid me out for much of yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Lot of it about

Zeity and I have both been moaning about our illnesses over in TPD. Your fever thingy sounds a bit like whatever laid me out for much of yesterday
      I've heard the best cure is unlimited Greggs Steak Bakes, but unfortunately for me, coming from Bolton I've been spoiled with Bolton's Great Pastie Industry - Carrs Pasties and Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe, Greggs just don't cut it for me.

In Bolton you are either a Carr's man, or a YOPS man. I'm a Carrs man, but I can appreciate a YOPS pastie, just like I can as a homophobe find pleasure in a nicley trimmed male beard or an impressive ball sack.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I've heard the best cure is unlimited Greggs Steak Bakes, but unfortunately for me, coming from Bolton I've been spoiled with Bolton's Great Pastie Industry - Carrs Pasties and Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe, Greggs just don't cut it for me.

In Bolton you are either a Carr's man, or a YOPS man. I'm a Carrs man, but I can appreciate a YOPS pastie, just like I can as a homophobe find pleasure in a nicley trimmed male beard or an impressive ball sack.
        Apropos your OP - I would put money on Suity claiming to have got it worse than you... well worse than anyone else in the world.

Comment

I think this might be worth a try to get it warmer quicker, it goes up to 32c on the thermo. Can you trick a boiler? I think you can...

Comment

I think this might be worth a try to get it warmer quicker, it goes up to 32c on the thermo. Can you trick a boiler? I think you can...

If you've got one of those moveable thermostat thingies, you could always chuck it out in the garden - that'll get the fecker boiling

Comment

If its a cold try "first defence".

If its flu - why did you not have a jab?

Comment

I've had nowt since a mad 'fever of unknown origin (pyrexia?) a few months after having my ICD Defib fitted, (ICU and no invoicing for 5 weeks - arghh!), nary a cold. Feel them coming on sometimes, but the stek super white cells alway sort me. That was 3/4 years ago now I think...

Until Saturday, OMG I was freezing, leecy blanket on full, three quilts, even modest movement resulting in mad shivering for 3 mins till that bit of bed warmed up. The the hot sweats, then the shivers. Sun evening better, today better, but made the mistake of going outside and now I can't get warm again.

Worst of all, I've put the heating on at 26C!! I normally like it at 18, like Mark Corrigan off Peep Show. How much is that costing me?

Actually feeling better now I've warmed up and United's defeat tonight at Soton is due up in a while!

26C tho
                Must be Xmas thanks for the pressie

Signed

Utd fans

:-D

Comment

Working...
                X