• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ho ho ha ha

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho ho ha ha

Got a phone call last evening from foreign parts.

ring
    ring
    ring
    pick up
    <pause>
    'Hello sir. Microsoft here. we notice from your google use that you have been downloading malicious virus. the errors are coming up here and we mus..'

EO - 'Just one second please...'

goes to fridge. gets a tube. scratches balls. looks at calendar. looks at tube. scratches nuts again. cracks tube

squeaky voice from phone - 'hello sir hello sir

puts phone down.

Tonight -

ring
    ring
    ring
    pick up
    <pause>
    'Hello sir. Microsoft here. we notice from your google use that you have been downloading malicious virus. the errors are coming up here and we mus..'

EO - 'But I don't have a computer..'
    <click>he hangs up

turds
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

You don't have a computer? How are you posting on here then? I think the turd knew what they were talking about.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You don't have a computer? How are you posting on here then? I think the turd knew what they were talking about.
      I will send you his number. you will get on well with him, so much in common
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

These guys called me one day while I was benched.

I played along a bit, but I didn't have a VM handy so had to
        make up responses while making tap tap noises on my linux machine.

This may have been posted before, but still amuses me.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBKUk6t5aQ
        Last edited by RSoles; 10 December 2014, 08:26.

Comment

Got this call a few days ago. I just hung up. Then the moron called back "Why did you hang up on me?".

Yesterday we got a telemarketing call (despite being opted out), asking to speak to me. My daughter answered it...

"Is mr NAT there?"
          "Why do you want to speak to him?"
          "Are you his daughter? Can I speak to him please"
          "That's irrelevant. Why do you want to speak to him?"
          "Are you an adult"
          "That's irrelevant. Why do you want to speak to him"
          <click>

Number now added to blocked list. I've also configured our phone server thingy so that any number withheld calls go straight to voicemail.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was at the Mother in Laws when she got one of these - she duly handed the phone over to me where I strung them along for 45 minutes before hurling so much abuse that they threatened to call the Police on me

The MIL was quite shocked at the outburst, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that was the polite version.

Comment

My nan had one of these. Never owned a computer in her life... utter scumbags.

For some reason I got to wondering: what if someone used one of these on them while on the phone?

New video shows Japanese speech-jamming gun in action (Wired UK)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

goes to fridge. gets a tube. scratches balls. looks at calendar. looks at tube. scratches nuts again. cracks tube

turds

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  'Hello sir. Microsoft here. we notice from your google use that you have been
                  This is the point at which I would have been worried.

Comment

Actually, I might have a go at one of these; looks fun:-

Audio Delay Module

Comment

Working...
                    X