• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol price £0.80 per litre?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol price £0.80 per litre?

In the process of hiring a car for my next trip over to Blighty and was wondering my budget for fuel costs.

Can I assume that because the price of crude oil is back to where it was in 2004 that the price of petrol is now £0.80 per litre.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Oop north where I am, it's closer to £1.15 for petrol and £1.20 for diesel. YMMV though.

Proof that what goes up doesn't always come down.
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

With the Tesco 20p per litre saving, I filled up for less than £1 a litre a couple of days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Can I assume that because the price of crude oil is back to where it was in 2004 that the price of petrol is now £0.80 per litre.
        Only in Scotland as they have their own oil.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          With the Tesco 20p per litre saving, I filled up for less than £1 a litre a couple of days ago.
          You just need to buy £500 of groceries to qualify.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It is still over £1 in Yorkshire.

Comment

£1.17 at Shell in Edinburgh yesterday

Comment

Okay so why is the British public taking this blatant shafting from George? Is it charity, apathy, help me understand.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Okay so why is the British public taking this blatant shafting from George? Is it charity, apathy, help me understand.
                  Is George the one selling the petrol?

Is your question about the % of the price that is tax, or the underlying pre-tax price?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Is George the one selling the petrol?

Is your question about the % of the price that is tax, or the underlying pre-tax price?
                    Well George is taking the most money from that charged at the pumps. So yes.

The cost of oil has fallen less than half what it was a year ago. The price at the pump has not changed, nor the tax.

The fuel is taxed twice over, we already know that. But your now paying more tax even still as oil price drops and pump price remains the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X