• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat - Not Cat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat - Not Cat

Have you ever invented a game that, on the face of it is terrible, but in the right company (usually alcohol fuelled) is the best game ever?

A friend and I were on holiday 10 years ago and, driving down a busy motorway, we noticed that there are a lot of company logos that have some form of cat on. Puma, Slazenger, Whiskas (of course), Kelloggs Frosties, etc. The list goes on. So, we invented Cat - Not Cat.

Here are the rules.

The first person to shout CAT! after spotting a logo with a cat on it is the winner.

The first person to shout NOT CAT! after spotting a logo with any animal other than a cat is the winner.

It's a fabulous game, particularly when you're sat in a bar with people, some of whom are not playing the game, and someone shouts NOT CAT! whilst pointing at a lorry or a bottle of beer.

We tried it with real animals, but it didn't work quite as well.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What the actual f**k ??
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I have a new version. It's called TWAT, NOT TWAT. Basically you're sat in a bar and some drunken idiot who can't handle their booze starts shouting look at me, look at me. You then look across to your mate and say "what a twat".

It's great!

Comment

I have a game I use to try and lower my temper while driving. Make words out of 3 letters on number plates. Word must start with first letter, other two can go anywhere. Short words score higher and any that are rude or disgusting count double. Latter rule also applies to Scrabble in our house.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

For years we amused the kids with a Spitting Image inspired "I Spy With My Little Eye" game.

- (In faux Russian accent) I spy with my little eye something beginning with 'T'.
            - Tank
            - That's right. Your go.

Repeat for a while, then:

- (In faux Russian accent) I spy with my little eye something beginning with 'S'.
            - 'S'?
            - No, only joking. T really.
            - Tank
            - That's right. Your go.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I have a new version. It's called TWAT, NOT TWAT. Basically you're sat in a bar and some drunken idiot who can't handle their booze starts shouting look at me, look at me. You then look across to your mate and say "what a twat".

It's great!
              Something similar already exists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_UGD7AazMI
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The wife and I have invented a car game called Fur or Feathers. On a long journey to make the time pass you choose either Fur - which may consist of Rabbits, Foxes, Badgers, Cats, Dogs , Deers etc or Feathers such as Pheasants, Pigeons, Seagulls etc

Then it's the first to ten points. 1 point for every dead animal you can spot. Extra bonus points available for exotics or large animals such as Horses or Buffalo or Eagles or Pterodactyl.

An extra five points for actually killing an animal and 10 points if you get both the animal & owner (such as someone walking a dog)

It's great fun and now we make sure the kids join in. They love telling their teachers about roadkill.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                X