• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any E-Cig Users ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any E-Cig Users ??

Any E-Cig users on here ?

Any tips for making the transition ?

Struggling, especially with mornings.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

MrsB uses one, has been off the real things for a couple of months now.

She says they aren't really a substitute, they just take the edge of the cravings. She has a couple of puffs on it when she feels the need rather than trying to smoke it like a real cigarette.

You still need the will power to break the routine of having a smoke with your first coffee/tea of the day.

The type of E-Cig you use make a difference as well. She tried the ones that are meant to look like cigarettes first and they really didn;t work. She's using one of the "Vaping" style ones now that you fill with liquid.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      MrsB uses one, has been off the real things for a couple of months now.

She says they aren't really a substitute, they just take the edge of the cravings. She has a couple of puffs on it when she feels the need rather than trying to smoke it like a real cigarette.

You still need the will power to break the routine of having a smoke with your first coffee/tea of the day.

The type of E-Cig you use make a difference as well. She tried the ones that are meant to look like cigarettes first and they really didn;t work. She's using one of the "Vaping" style ones now that you fill with liquid.
      I think that's where the problem lies

Comment

I (now occasionally) use the Tesco rechargeable ones. I was a pack-a-day chap until March 15th. I had been in town a fortnight prior for the Wales-France match and saw some people using them inside the bar and had a go on one and figured - Great now I can smoke inside too.

Bought one a fortnight later (Wales-Scotland) and haven't touched a real cig since. Now I just use it in the evening if I have a drink.

I tried the refillable ones but they seemed to leak and generally too much faff.

Comment

I think that's where the problem lies
          Get Champix tablets from your GP, they make stopping smoking a no willpower task.
          I've been off the ciggies for 14 weeks now, dead easy and I'd been a smoker for 35 years.

I do have an e-cigarette but use it infrequently and with nicotine free liquids.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Thanks chaps.

Just need to exercise a little bit of willpower. Been smoking for 30 years.

Got a mate who bought his first one at the same time as me 9 months ago and hasn't smoked a real one since. I've been on and off it for a while now and usually buy ten in the morning and am ok on the e-fag from mid afternoon until next morning.

Will just need to keep at it

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              Get Champix tablets from your GP, they make stopping smoking a no willpower task.
              I've been off the ciggies for 14 weeks now, dead easy and I'd been a smoker for 35 years.

I do have an e-cigarette but use it infrequently and with nicotine free liquids.
              Just be aware that you can't take Champix if you suffer from depression or other mental health issues as the side effects can be catastrophic. It can cause severe depression even in people without a previous history. The information leaflet actually recommends you inform friends and family to are taking it so they can be aware of any changes.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I used to use one. Put me right off fags so now I don't smoke anything now out of protest.

Thanks e-fags.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Weak willed idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Weak willed idiot.
                    See you're back on the vino again.

Comment

Working...
                    X