• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

max daily rate for dba contracts , and career advancement suggestion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max daily rate for dba contracts , and career advancement suggestion

hi
    im specialized in oracle dba (senior dba, with 10 years of rdbms experience, and some sql server skills etc) , Im keen to know whats maximum daily rate oracle dba can earn, and what can I do to increase my value/ daily rate ?

fyi: my last contract only paid £350 daily ( was not in London ) , and usually i get interviews for contracts paying £300 to £450 max

also im keen to go beyond dba and take my career and income to next level .... which one of following do you recommend me to specialize in ?

oracle solution architect
    data architect ( I can see some adverts paying £700 on jobserve )
    technical architect
    any other areas... ?

moneywise, whats best approach to take?

thanks in advance

Important points first...

Do you like films about Gladiators?

Have you bled the radiators?

When you lick the chutney spoon, do you put it back?

Comment

Originally posted by junior contractor View Post
      hi
      im specialized in oracle dba (senior dba, with 10 years of rdbms experience, and some sql server skills etc) , Im keen to know whats maximum daily rate oracle dba can earn, and what can I do to increase my value/ daily rate ?

fyi: my last contract only paid £350 daily ( was not in London ) , and usually i get interviews for contracts paying £300 to £450 max

also im keen to go beyond dba and take my career and income to next level .... which one of following do you recommend me to specialize in ?

oracle solution architect
      data architect ( I can see some adverts paying £700 on jobserve )
      technical architect
      any other areas... ?

moneywise, whats best approach to take?

thanks in advance
      you must be the first newbie on here who asked all the right questions and in the right order
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Make yourself hireable first. Then worry about increasing your rate.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          Make yourself hireable first. Then worry about increasing your rate.
          +1

And learn to punctuate.

Comment

select count(*) from users as user where user.type = 'GLADIATOR' ;

Comment

You charge what you think your client can afford, not what you need.

Once you know what they can afford negotiate the terms of delivery. i.e. If you think they can afford 400 a day offer the job for 300 a day with 2-3 days at home.

Find the angles work the system build trust show confidence make a fortune.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                You charge what you think your client can afford, not what you need.

Once you know what they can afford negotiate the terms of delivery.
                1. i.e.
                If you think they can afford 400 a day offer the job for 300 a day with 2-3 days at home.

Find the angles work the system build trust show confidence make a fortune.
                you mean e.g. i.e = specifically
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I am not sure if you want career advancement then contracting is for you.

Comment

remember that its all about profit.

an extra pound an hour on £40 an hour is not 2.5%

if your profit is £15 per hour, one pound is equal to 6.7%

don't let the bastids squeeze you for that quid
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X