• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

self-catering flat centre of Edinburgh sleeps 4-5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

self-catering flat centre of Edinburgh sleeps 4-5

How much would you pay per night? I think I might be undercharging and then-some. Sold almost 300 nights this year, excellent reviews. I now realise the travel lodge up the road almost charges the same for a double room.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

How far is the nearest brothel?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How far is the nearest brothel?
      Sauna, its a sauna. A 5 minutes taxi ride.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well it depends.

Are you letting to one person or group on a six month basis, monthly, weekly, daily???

How about charge out rooms by the hour? Giggidy?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Sauna, its a sauna. A 5 minutes taxi ride.
          And the nearest deep fried mars bar?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Well it depends.

Are you letting to one person or group on a six month basis, monthly, weekly, daily???

How about charge out rooms by the hour? Giggidy?
            minimum is a 3 night let.

1 person can rent it if they like and have done but they pay the same as 4 persons.

Comment

How many rooms?

Old town, new town?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                How many rooms?

Old town, new town?
                2-bedrooms in west end

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  2-bedrooms in west end
                  So I would say £200 for 3 nights. Am I right?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    So I would say £200 for 3 nights. Am I right?
                    In January yes, for two / three people during the week but never less than that unless perhaps a repeat customer, which we've had a few. Weekends are charged differently because anything less than a 3-night stay and I barely break even. During Jul/Aug/Sep I get that amount in single night, not a problem. Folks always rave about having the wood burner at this time of year. But the apartment does not obey seasonal trends. Far from it. Get all sorts, finance types from London staying for a working week to a wedding at the weekend, folks for conferences. I reckon holiday bookings only make 40% of my custom.

What's my the problem? This place is my pension of sorts. I want to make it perform to the maximum of its capability.

If I were a single in town for 3-nights I'd cough up £200 instead of staying in the travel lodge, the two cannot be compared.

Do I keep pushing the boat out until turnover takes a hit? I would not mind selling less nights if turnover stayed the same, that's a bonus I'd stay more myself in that case.

Comment

Working...
                    X