• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dry Skin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Skin?

I've always suffered with chapped lips in the winter, for as long as I can remember, but these last few days my face has gone really dry and sore. Do moisturisers actually work or are they just a con?

Only if you're a metrosexual.

(I've used hand cream after getting dry skin on the backs of my hands, and yes it did work).
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Of course they work.

Why do you think my scales are so shiny?
      I thought you used that Turtle Wax car polish and a buffer wheel?

Comment

Try drinking 2 litres of water a day. Works better than any moisturizer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Try drinking 2 litres of water a day. Works better than any moisturizer.
          do you have any idea what they put in that stuff ?
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Maybe ask in Mumsnet ?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Drink more water. 3 litres a day, avoid hard water. Preferably that lovely stuff that comes out of Scottish taps.

Shower / bathe every other day not every day.

I use this stuff on my hands:

https://napiers.net/hand-recovery-cream.html

Its not greasy and absorbs in moments. Been using it for years, much better than anything I could find in bodyshop or the like.

Metrosexual is so yesterday. Today it's the Renaissance man that looks after himself.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Don't bother with the poncy Cosmetic stuff. Diprobase cream is design specifically for this, works brilliantly and is much cheaper. You can get it at most chemists.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Don't bother with the poncy Cosmetic stuff. Diprobase cream is design specifically for this, works brilliantly and is much cheaper. You can get it at most chemists.
                  Don't tell him that, he's just looking for an excuse to go into Boots and lash out on some expensive skin products.
                  At this time of year the present for the female in your life seems like a good diversionary tactic though.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    i second the Diprobase shout

had eczema for years and i think i've tried every moisturiser and steroid cream on the market,

Diprobase is probably the best cream going for skin related stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X