• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealing with British companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with British companies

warning rant

ARGH!!

In my efforts to obtain the simplest of information about a client product I contacted the manufacturer who is based in the UK.

Currently I've been given 6 different telephone numbers / individuals to speak to.

And when I finally get the person I need to speak he's like 'I don't, there's perhaps export control issues here' - I'm only looking for the part number and name of your product you fecking idiot.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Maybe if you were able to communicate in clear English he would have understood what you needed. Going by how you write on here odds are he thought he was dealing with some illiterate office junior from Eastern Europe.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Maybe if you were able to communicate in clear English he would have understood what you needed. Going by how you write on here odds are he thought he was dealing with some illiterate office junior from Eastern Europe.

HTH.
      Yes it's the customer's fault. Of course. 'Hello' Hello sir, I'm looking for the part number for such and such. One moment please.... 30 minutes later... I'm sorry sir export controls do not allow us to give out this information. So I said I would like to order this product. Okay sir let me put you through to sales. Sales I would like to order such and such. Do you have the part number? No, I was hoping you could tell me, since it's your product after all! - One moment Sir.. stayed tuned for the outcome of the most useless contribution ever to come into existence.

No wonder British industry is going down the tubes. We're more bureaucrat than a Belgium Vogon.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

HTH.
        You mean Scooter isn't an illiterate office junior from Eastern Europe...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          You mean Scooter isn't an illiterate office junior from Eastern Europe...
          No, just an crazed Eastern European criminal looking for my next target.

Comment

I got it!

Only took 47 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Yes it's the customer's fault. Of course. 'Hello' Hello sir, I'm looking for the part number for such and such. One moment please.... 30 minutes later... I'm sorry sir export controls do not allow us to give out this information. ...
              What are you trying to buy? Enriched Uranium fuel rods?

Last time I enquired in Technical about a UK product (Cellotex), within a couple of hours a guy from the company actually registered with CUK and replied in the thread!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                What are you trying to buy?
                Something they're not supposed to sell.

When it comes to dodgy Britain is the place to go shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Something they're not supposed to sell.

When it comes to dodgy Britain is the place to go shopping.
                  When was the last time you said something nice about anything?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    When was the last time you said something nice about anything?
                    March 3rd, 1984

People only see non-nice things when they look for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X