• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember the fare dodging banker in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the fare dodging banker in London?

Just lost his career.

BBC News - Fare-dodging banker banned from City
    Last edited by DaveB; 15 December 2014, 16:14.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Karma can be a bitch...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Karma can be a bitch...
      Bet his wife will be bitching too when he gets home. That's his career in ruins
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

And his statement suggests he still doesn't accept he's a thief

"I recognise that the FCA has on its plate more profound wrongdoing than mine in the financial services sector, and I am sorry that my case has taken up its time at this critical juncture for the future of the City and its reputation."

Self-serving, "poor little me" bullshit:

Fiddle £40k or fiddle £40m, it's still thieving.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          And his statement suggests he still doesn't accept he's a thief

"I recognise that the FCA has on its plate more profound wrongdoing than mine in the financial services sector, and I am sorry that my case has taken up its time at this critical juncture for the future of the City and its reputation."

Self-serving, "poor little me" bulltulip

Fiddle £40k or fiddle £40m, it's still thieving.
          Zippy! Long time no see
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

he sort of had a point.

hiss penny ante thieving is almost embarrassing compared to Libor etc fiddling.

I wonder if the other scum will get as harsh treatment?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              he sort of had a point.

hiss penny ante thieving is almost embarrassing compared to Libor etc fiddling.

I wonder if the other scum will get as harsh treatment?
              The great unwashed don't understand libor fiddling. They do understand fare dodging.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                The great unwashed don't understand libor fiddling. They do understand fare dodging.
                that is my worry
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So why £42K he had to pay up?

Surely he didnt say, its a fair cop and admit he'd been doing it for years? Surely, he should just have said, I did it today or just this week after all..... Not saying its right but £42K!

And how'd he avoid the ticket collector on the train? they're red hot on the train I catch. Go for a crap and they wait outside the door!
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    So why £42K he had to pay up?

Surely he didnt say, its a fair cop and admit he'd been doing it for years? Surely, he should just have said, I did it today or just this week after all..... Not saying its right but £42K!
                    Maybe using his Oyster as described demonstrated he'd not got a ticket each time? Or maybe he was asked to prove he'd bought tickets - receipts or card statements - and couldn't. Seems a bit odd. Maybe he thought by paying up he'd keep his job but then lost out twice, or maybe his employer told him he'd get his bonus/benefits provided he helped them save face.

And how'd he avoid the ticket collector on the train? they're red hot on the train I catch. Go for a crap and they wait outside the door!
                    Maybe they have perves working on your train.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X