• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work, Life Balance....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work, Life Balance....

Yeah right ! WTF is it all about ? all this talk about working less, car sharing, spending more time with your family !

With all this technology in place 50% of us could work from home to ease congestion on the roads, see your kids off to school etc....oh but Gordon the moron wants us to use our cars so we buy petrol.

dont know about you but I actually do more ours now than I did 10 years ago !

Isn't that because you were in nappies 10 years ago?

Comment

It's whatever you want it to be. Me, I like time out and holidays so I have had a fair few this year and still turned over an adequate amount...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
        Isn't that because you were in nappies 10 years ago?

And you werent even born !

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          It's whatever you want it to be. Me, I like time out and holidays so I have had a fair few this year and still turned over an adequate amount...

but RateWhore u've prob been working/contracting long enough to be able to fund such a lifestyle, e.g. no mortgage, loadsa cash in the bank, investment properties galore etc.

Something we all aspire to.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
            but RateWhore u've prob been working/contracting long enough to be able to fund such a lifestyle, e.g. no mortgage, loadsa cash in the bank, investment properties galore etc.

Something we all aspire to.

You might get there by the time you're 21 !

Comment

Yes and no. No mortgage certainly, but then, I rent Mid 30's on good contract where I've made a lifestyle choice rather than a choice to cane it and maximise turnover by working every day god sends...

Like I say, it's whatever you want it to be.

Comment

Yes and no. No mortgage certainly, but then, I rent Mid 30's on good contract where I've made a lifestyle choice rather than a choice to cane it and maximise turnover by working every day god sends...

Like I say, it's whatever you want it to be.

Nice one ! are you intending to move out of the UK ?

Comment

Nope, need to stay in the UK as thats where the kids are (with their mum)...

Comment

Nope, need to stay in the UK as thats where the kids are (with their mum)...

oooer ! CSA bills ?

Comment

Working...
                    X