• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pakistan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan

A new low ? Killing 100 children in an Army school. I thought the stoning of a pregnant woman by her own father and brother was bad but Pakistan never fails to amaze us.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Can someone explain to me the motive of the Taliban in doing this, and what they hope will be their positive outcome?
    i.e. I assume they did it because of X and they're hoping for Y to be the result.

Comment

It's in response to the Pakistani army fighting against the Taliban.

The victims are children of Pakistani army soldiers as the target is an army school.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Can someone explain to me the motive of the Taliban in doing this, and what they hope will be their positive outcome?
        i.e. I assume they did it because of X and they're hoping for Y to be the result.
        Probably the same reason the Americans blew the ITC - keep the cauldron boiling...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I assume they did it because it was an army run school, with presumably children of soldiers and they're hoping to discourage people from fighting against them by targeting their children.

Pretty awful. But then it's not necessarily worse than us bombing German children in WW2.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

And people get upset when we pour water over their faces when we catch them

Comment

And those nuts in Bradford are still protesting against Gaza outside McDonald's in Thornbury

Gaza protest is hitting restaurant staff in pocket, boss warns (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

Wonder why you don't spot them when you talk about what the ISIS are doing in Middle east or the Taliban in Pakistan. Talking of unfortunate double standards ....

Comment

Goes to prove that the biggest victims of terrorism are Muslims - daily massacres in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan. This is what they teach kids in Saudi schools and then our politicians sit there and shake hands with the government. I tell u that the fact our government turns a blind eye to Saudi means they are silent about the crimes committed due to their teachings.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Pretty awful. But then it's not necessarily worse than us bombing German children in WW2.
                  On that basis why does it matter whether they are children or they are being killed in a car accident?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

But then it's not necessarily worse than us bombing German children in WW2
                    There are always civilian casualties in wars but we did not deliberately target children.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X