• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suddenly plagued by calls on my mobile from a Bob call centre....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly plagued by calls on my mobile from a Bob call centre....

I think they are going down the PPP claim road but to do with bank accounts with built in benefits. 2 calls to my work mobile in 5 minutes...

Their first question 'do you have a bank account'

Is any one else getting this?

Numbers called from;

029 2060 2489
    01892 731395

Not sure why, but I don't think I've had a junk call on my mobile for well over a year now.

Anyway, do you have a bank account?
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

01904 406022 is another one
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Funnily enough I got my 1st junk call last week.

I blocked the number but I'm not sure if it's going to do any good.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm working in a couple of loan brokerages now, the way they pass 'leads' and sell on data is pretty shocking.

Comment

Just block the numbers.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Just block the numbers.
              I've got a Sony Xperia and it hasn't got a block facility for numbers that aren't in the contact list.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I used to add the numbers to my contact list under the name "Do not answer" and then set their ringtone to a wav file of a few seconds silence. It rings at their end and then goes to voicemail (of course they don't leave a message), I don't hear it ring and see a missed called from "Do not answer" later on. Works a treat for me.
                • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  I've got a Sony Xperia and it hasn't got a block facility for numbers that aren't in the contact list.
                  Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
                  I used to add the numbers to my contact list under the name "Do not answer" and then set their ringtone to a wav file of a few seconds silence. It rings at their end and then goes to voicemail (of course they don't leave a message), I don't hear it ring and see a missed called from "Do not answer" later on. Works a treat for me.
                  You can also add it as a contact "tw@t" and then block it. I thought you might also be able to get your provider to block the number but maybe not.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

01892731395 / 01892 731395 - Find Out Who Called Me

Comment

Working...
                    X