• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am Pilgrim...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Pilgrim...

something to worry about ?!
    ... did someone worry about?

Bubonic plague kills boy in Kyrgyzstan - Telegraph
    Last edited by FatLazyContractor; 16 December 2014, 13:44. Reason: Old news in a new bottle!

Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's had since August 2013 to get here.
    Sorry, I should have said - Did anyone worry about it?

Comment

Er, no, now you mention it.

I'm rather more worried about whether or not that esteemed customer is buggering off back to Sierra Leone for Xmas, all in all.
      I'd wouldn't worry about him going. Just what he might bring back with him. If he brings you back any bushmeat-in-a-jar™ then it would be acceptable to decline.

Comment

It's the coming back bit that's causing pause for thought.
        Do lizards have paws?

Comment

The oriental rat flea carries the bubonic plague after biting an infected rodent and may then pass the disease to a human
          Hope that rat which is nibbling my shed to bits isn't Chinese!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I thought the bubonic plague is actually easily treatable with modern medicines.?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              I thought the bubonic plague is actually easily treatable with modern medicines.?
              It is, if it's recognised in time.

Every so often, someone catches it in Colorado because it's a good climate for it, apparently.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X