• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email from agent

Hi Fattie,

I hope your ready for an busy Christmas period and you have done all your wrapping.

I just wanted to know what your plans are around projects for 2015. It becoming a very candidate driven market and it would help us both if we know what kind of candidates you are looking at next year so i can build my shortlist to send over when you need it.

So with all that in mind what are you plans?

All the best,
    Computer Futures.

Anyone else got an email from CF with the same content?

No because i'm not fat. I'm big boned...

Comment

Not from CF yet, but seevral other agencies often including a request to send an updated CV and 2 references

Comment

What surprises me is the fact that he wants to know the projects in client's plan so that he could send his contractors around

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          What surprises me is the fact that he wants to know the projects in client's plan so that he could send his contractors around
          If the OP is an exact quote it reads more in the line of "What is your availability next year, so i can send you some more unsolicited e-mails then" It asks for your plans not ClientCo plans

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
            If the OP is an exact quote it reads more in the line of "What is your availability next year, so i can send you some more unsolicited e-mails then" It asks for your plans not ClientCo plans
            It is an exact quote and he sent it to my Work email address !

It becoming a very candidate driven market and it would help us both if we know what kind of candidates you are looking at next year so i can build my shortlist to send over when you need it.

Comment

If it's an exact quote then CF need to take on some proofreaders. And why are they sending an email aimed at a Client, to a contractor?

Edit: Question answered, FLC and I posted at the same time.
              • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
              • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
                If it's an exact quote then CF need to take on some proofreaders. And why are they sending an email aimed at a Client, to a contractor?
                it's often easier to guess a person's clientco email than their personal one...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post

Edit: Question answered, FLC and I posted at the same time.
                  It does read like some of the Bob specs I have to deal with.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    It does read like some of the Bob specs I have to deal with.
                    The name sounds English (though I don't want to disclose here) and I found him on LinkedIn. Yes, I agree with you!

Comment

Working...
                    X