• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas party tips for permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas party tips for permies

Office Christmas party: how to get a promotion instead of a hangover - Telegraph

Love this one -
    Think of the Christmas party as an unofficial job interview with no other candidates. It’s your time to work the room and collect connections. Plan your night carefully and think through the opportunities for you in the room and how you want to approach them. Who are the top five people that can impact your career? How do they want to be approached? What do you need them to know about you? Create a mental list and then make a beeline.
    Beeline to do what?!

This article is full of garbage

7. Business cards, check
    Leaving a lasting memory is vital for the next day follow-up. Make sure you are armed with business cards and a charged mobile phone.
    You are supposed to hand out business cards to your own bosses, whaaaaat?

Comment

I loved the comments on that article!

Comment

I did a bit of schmoozing when I went to company-next-door's Christmas party. Didn't go quite as far as business cards though!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Is that the new name for a conga with the finance girls?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I did a bit of schmoozing when I went to company-next-door's Christmas party. Didn't go quite as far as business cards though!
            An on top of the photocopier job, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              An on top of the photocopier job, was it?
              Roulette table - I have a bit of class!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Roulette table - I have a bit of class!
                when MS goes 'all in' she means it !
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X