• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK expats - f**k em

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK expats - f**k em

BBC News - British expats fear EU debate might backfire

"It can end up in a tit-for-tat thing where Britain says it's going to give EU immigrants half the benefits the UK people get. So why would those other countries not think, maybe we should do the same? It could have a knock-on effect,

So? They have chosen to leave the UK. Why should they be able to have any say in UK policy?

Too ******* right I say, mind you it wouldn't affect me
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"It can end up in a tit-for-tat thing where Britain says it's going to give EU immigrants half the benefits the UK people get. So why would those other countries not think, maybe we should do the same? It could have a knock-on effect"
      See nothing wrong in that myself. Its hardly as if millions of Brits are unemployed in other EU countries anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        BBC News - British expats fear EU debate might backfire

"It can end up in a tit-for-tat thing where Britain says it's going to give EU immigrants half the benefits the UK people get. So why would those other countries not think, maybe we should do the same? It could have a knock-on effect,

So? They have chosen to leave the UK. Why should they be able to have any say in UK policy?
        So, they worked and paid tax in the UK for forty+ years and then retired somewhere warm. Yeah Fck 'em. Since 'benefits' hasn't been defined thus far it covers everything from healthcare to state pensions.

Or do you actually think that Debbie (21) from Essex has gone to Magaluf to claim benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          So, they worked and paid tax in the UK for forty+ years and then retired somewhere warm. Yeah Fck 'em. Since 'benefits' hasn't been defined thus far it covers everything from healthcare to state pensions.

Or do you actually think that Debbie (21) from Essex has gone to Magaluf to claim benefits?
          Ohhh. Someone's going to play devil's advocate. What fun.

UK pension is a ponzi scheme. You pay for the next generation. Hence we need an ever increasing population to make it work.

The idea of tax is we are in it together. You pay an amount according to your means. You take out according to your needs. You are not supposed to get out what you put in necessarily. I think quite a few rich are not subscribing to this "we are all in it together" model anymore.

Until 15 years ago I was proud to be British and bought up in this country. One reason I am fed up with this country is pandering to people like expats.

I do intend to leave the UK at some point - I will be working abroad.

And I have already told my children they will need to leave the UK - its going downhill. The only thing keeping the country afloat is rising house prices. Another ponzi scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
            See nothing wrong in that myself. Its hardly as if millions of Brits are unemployed in other EU countries anyway.
            The implication presumably being that millions of non-British-citizens are unemployed here?

Let's see what our anti-immigration government's figures say:
            In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent).

Of course, those figures are for all benefits claims, not just unemployment benefits, so people working for very low wages and receiving benefits to bring them up to a basic standard of living are counted among those 395,000 non-British people receiving benefits. But even if they were all unemployed, it's still some way from "millions".

By the way, it's terribly common to use the term "Brits". It's the kind of word the tabloid press put in their stories. Try typing "British" in full. I know you're a racist scumbag, but that doesn't mean you have to lower your standards of English.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The implication presumably being that millions of non-British-citizens are unemployed here?

Let's see what our anti-immigration government's figures say:
              In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent).

Of course, those figures are for all benefits claims, not just unemployment benefits, so people working for very low wages and receiving benefits to bring them up to a basic standard of living are counted among those 395,000 non-British people receiving benefits. But even if they were all unemployed, it's still some way from "millions".

By the way, it's terribly common to use the term "Brits". It's the kind of word the tabloid press put in their stories. Try typing "British" in full. I know you're a racist scumbag, but that doesn't mean you have to lower your standards of English.
              I don't really follow from the post above?

Flashman could just as easily have meant there were few immigrant unemployed here?

And questioning immigration does not make one racist. Necessarily.

Maybe I missed a memo from the CUK clique on Flasghman's other posts?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I don't really follow from the post above?

Flashman could just as easily have meant there were few immigrant unemployed here?

And questioning immigration does not make one racist. Necessarily.

Maybe I missed a memo from the CUK clique on Flasghman's other posts?
                Just look back through his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

No, to get rich quick by smuggling cocaine
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I know you're a racist scumbag, but that doesn't mean you have to lower your standards of English.
                    Is he passively racist, like me, or actively racist?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X