• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Al Sweady Inquiry - Is this some sort of joke?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Sweady Inquiry - Is this some sort of joke?

The Al Sweady Inquiry into mistreatment of Iraqi insurgents after the Battle of Danny Boy.

The report found that:

The detainees should have been given some privacy while being strip-searched and should have been given proper food when they were first detained
    They should not have been deprived of sleep before they were questioned or shouted at during interrogation
    They were deprived of sight by being made to wear blacked-out goggles for prolonged periods when this had no security purpose
    FFS
    What are the army supposed to do? Sit them down with a nice cup of tea, give them a bit of a cuddle and ask them nicely if they'd mind spilling the beans on their chums?
    Maybe all army interrogators should be trained in Spanish Inquisition techniques and have comfy chairs and cushions issued as standard equipment.
    You really couldn't make this stuff up.

It's not a joke.

They've spent 5 years and £30million on it..
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      It's not a joke.

Mad isn't it?
      Although I am glad that they went to the trouble of disproving the more serious allegations, the findings of mistreatment because they shouted at them is mental.

Comment

It's not a joke.

They've spent 5 years and £30million OF OUR MONEY on it..

FTFY

Shock horror if you ask terrorists nicely they don't tell you anything.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just shows you cant trust a ******* terrorist. As for their lawyers........

It grips my tulip this nonsense. We send young lads (and girls soon?) to put their lives on the line, pay them, what, £200 a week and fight these terrorist.

Then we expect them to behave like they were in some private club function and behave perfectly after they have been shot at or seen comrades blown up?

Haha, just hearing the lawyers for these iraqi's are to be investigated. Good show, what?
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

It's not a joke.

OMG! That's nearly as much as you charge!

Comment

It's not a joke.

Because the solicitors kept pushing these unfounded claims and their 'clients' kept changing their stories.

Fallon has just said he's referring the two solicitors firms for investigation and attempt to recover some costs. Obviously, its going to be nowhere near the 30 million cost to the taxpayer.

Comment

So we should prove that we're better than them by reducing ourselves to their level?

Comment

I can imagine where this bleeding heart liberalisation is going but just to be clear, what are you trying to say by 'So we should prove that we're better than them by reducing ourselves to their level?

Comment

To beat the monster you have to become the monster

Comment

Working...
                    X