• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

charge cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charge cards

OK, I know most of you here will have Amex Centurion cards but for mere mortals like myself, I'm thinking about upgrading to platinum. Question is; bearing in mind the 300 notes per year charge, is it worth it for the travel and insurance benefits? Does anyone have one and can comment?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore
    OK, I know most of you here will have Amex Centurion cards but for mere mortals like myself, I'm thinking about upgrading to platinum. Question is; bearing in mind the 300 notes per year charge, is it worth it for the travel and insurance benefits? Does anyone have one and can comment?

Not worth it. I had a Platinum card for years but the annual charge is a joke so I downgraded to a basic green card last year and still got my points transferred.

Only real advantage is pose value for knobs.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Bogey

What do you use for travel insurance etc?

Comment

The travel he does is in his dreams while he sleeps rough in Oxford...

Comment

I've checked the travel insurance and it's swings and roundabouts between the Amex offering and the one I normally use which is insureandgo. If you buy the Amex one individually then the cost is about double the platinum offering from insureandgo.

I was thinking more the complementary flights, lounge access, discounted airport parking etc but I suspect you can probably get your own discounts elsewhere anyway.

And Bogey - that wasn't you sleeping outside the old Blackwells building opposite the Royal Oxford last night was it?

Comment

You cant apply for it ! it's by invitation only !

not worth it ! I had one and it has no more spending power than green and gold. you go over your monthly profile limit and they make the phone call !!!

Comment

keep up AndyW...

https://www66.americanexpress.com/ea...git9=&digit10=

Comment

feck orf,

the Platinum Amex is there for everybody it's not by invitation.

Can also have one but what's the benefit against the 500 Euro fee ?

Secondly amex are beginning to p me off as when I call their help numbers they just pass you from country to country and can't seem to answer questions.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore

Well it used to be by invitaion only..maybe they downgraded it ! ha ha !

Comment

and what are you talking about spending power Andyw,

ratewhore is talking about a charge card not a credit card

credit cards aren't for contractors they're for them wi' nout in the bank.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X