• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google cardboard - anyone tried it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google cardboard - anyone tried it?

I hadn't heard about it until last week. It's very cheap (as you'd expect for a cardboard box) so I thought I'd get a few for the sprogs to play with over Christmas. Have any of you tried it yet, and if so, do I need anything other than the standard kit with the NFC card and a phone?

This is what I was going to get: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Cardb...ogle+cardboard
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    I hadn't heard about it until last week. It's very cheap (as you'd expect for a cardboard box) so I thought I'd get a few for the sprogs to play with over Christmas. Have any of you tried it yet, and if so, do I need anything other than the standard kit with the NFC card and a phone?

This is what I was going to get: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Cardb...ogle+cardboard

I went full blown cheap skate and ordered one I found on hotukdeals for $1. It did not have any instructions, but I managed to assemble it only to find that the lens provided were too small for the bloody holes

That said, I heard that the final product (if you buy from the right source) is brilliant. Make sure you buy a legit one and not some cheap-Chinese-fake.

Comment

FOURTEEN QUID???

Fourteen quid for a bit of cardboard?

Ye Gods, there are some mugs out there.

(and I wish I'd thought of it first)
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        I went full blown cheap skate and ordered one I found on hotukdeals for $1. It did not have any instructions, but I managed to assemble it only to find that the lens provided were too small for the bloody holes

That said, I heard that the final product (if you buy from the right source) is brilliant. Make sure you buy a legit one and not some cheap-Chinese-fake.
        Ha, ha did you get it to work at all?

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        FOURTEEN QUID???

Fourteen quid for a bit of cardboard?

Ye Gods, there are some mugs out there.

(and I wish I'd thought of it first)
        To be fair, it does come with a "FREE HEAD-STRAP" (also known as an elastic band).
        You can get them a lot cheaper without the NFC, but I wanted to try to avoid permanent eye damage to the kids.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Ha, ha did you get it to work at all?
          No, the lens would never stay in the holes.

Comment

I've got one, haven't put it together yet but I've used other people's ones. Pretty cool for a few quid. The OnePlus One was a bit of a tight fit but worked well once it was in. No problems with the lenses on the ones I tried but the switch was a bit hit and miss.

Comment

Just ordered one for ms#3 for Chrimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                The OnePlus One was a bit of a tight fit but worked well once it was in.
                This is CUK, not AnalInsertionUK...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  This is CUK, not AnalInsertionUK...

Sorry, it's an easy mistake to make.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Just ordered one for ms#3 for Chrimbo.