• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New telly - advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New telly - advice needed

Whats the best telly/package combo in your opinion ?

Should we go for a smart screen ?

elim the license fee ?

my money is burning a hole in Mrs EO pockets

TIA.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Whats the best telly/package combo in your opinion ?

Should we go for a smart screen ?

elim the license fee ?

my money is burning a hole in Mrs EO pockets

TIA.
    I went and picked up a Samsung UE40H6700 earlier this week (got it for £440 from amazon).

The reasons for that choice:

Samsung Smart TV (supports Plex and catchup for all the UK channels).
    Acts as a video recorder for both Freeview and Freesat (which means you can record multiple things at the same time).
    Fits into the gap I have.

S
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm in the same dilemma....

I have a Panasonic 50" Plazzy, cracking telly but in a moment of madness I 'gave' it my daughter who's got a new flat thinking I'd just get a LCD or LED or OLED on whatever...

Bought it in 2007 still a brill telly.

But...

Now I want OLED, curved, feck nose whatever else - information overload.....

I think I like the curved ones, OLED is too dear, think I want a 55 or 60-odd inch, eyesight going, and to wall mount it on the pasterboarded pretend chimney breast in the living room.

There's a post olde-worlde gas fire underneath but we never use it.

I'd only be putting Sky HD and Apple TV through it, so no need for Smart TV stuff...

Comment

Get a projector. And a house with a wall in the right place to get a 400cm screen.

I have that, with a "set-top box" - but also a Samsung Smart TV.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What about 3D as well though. Have you thrown 3D viewing into the mix at all? Skinted at the minute but looking at something like this once we have some cash in the bank again:
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-47LB730V-...068848&sr=1-19

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Skinted at the minute
            Have your thought of selling CUK reputation points?

Comment

He tried to make money selling MF's body, and ended up deeply in debt...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

I think I like the curved ones, OLED is too dear,
                She sounds lovely.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  I'm in the same dilemma....

I have a Panasonic 50" Plazzy, cracking telly but in a moment of madness I 'gave' it my daughter who's got a new flat thinking I'd just get a LCD or LED or OLED on whatever...

Bought it in 2007 still a brill telly.

But...

Now I want OLED, curved, feck nose whatever else - information overload.....

I think I like the curved ones, OLED is too dear, think I want a 55 or 60-odd inch, eyesight going, and to wall mount it on the pasterboarded pretend chimney breast in the living room.

There's a post olde-worlde gas fire underneath but we never use it.

I'd only be putting Sky HD and Apple TV through it, so no need for Smart TV stuff...
                  If you look at next years announcements (LG have already started their pre-CES news releases) even LG are looking at Quantum Dots rather than OLED as OLED is proving rather unreliable to produce in quantity...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    He tried to make money selling MF's body, and ended up deeply in debt...
                    he was selling by the pound, the refunds were too much
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X