• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filling up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling up

It's hard to say sometimes but, you know, you are such a lovely bunch of people. Makes me so happy to see so many of you on here after all these years

Shut up ! I'm talking about fuel you plonkers. £55 to fill up the motor today. And that was after running the tank almost dry as had 12p per litre off from buying all my Xmas booze at Tesco this year. Will it go below a quid a litre? Prices been so high for so long is nice to see it returning to almost sensible levels. How long until they start whacking a few pence per litre back on tax though?

Tesco thing is tops. Cost me < a quid a litre. But I've only got a diddy Corsa. Feel like I should get a tank to make the most of the savings.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      £55 to fill up the motor today.
      How is the Aygo?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Tongues? (It is Christmas)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            How is the Aygo?
            90 to the gallon FTW!

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Love you too man! Nothing like cheap fuel to make a man feel good about life

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              90 to the gallon FTW!

Love you too man! Nothing like cheap rinse to make a man feel good about life
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                FTFY

Comment

I've got weekly emails from petrolprices.com showing the price at my local cheapest places back to March 2007 (when it was 85.9p/litre). The price first broke 100p/litre in December 2007, hovering around the 99.9p - 102.9 mark till March 2008 when it headed steadily upwards to 116.9p in July, then back down under a quid in October 2008, dropping to 82.9p by January 2009. It went up to a quid again in August, and has stayed over that ever since, reaching 132.9p in May 2011, then 138.7p (ASDA now like to stay 0.2p below Sainsbury's over the road) in April 2012, and carried on around the 126p - 136p mark ever since. It fell below 120p on 3 November, and was down to 112.7p last Monday - but when I filled up midweek, it was down to about 108p at Sainsbury's IIRC.

At some point I'll have to knock up a script to extract the prices from all those emails and draw a pretty graph, but on the current showing it looks like it will possibly get below 100p in the New Year, for the first time since August 2009
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 20 December 2014, 23:35.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I've got weekly emails from petrolprices.com showing the price at my local cheapest places back to March 2007 (when it was 85.9p/litre). The price first broke 100p/litre in December 2007, hovering around the 99.9p - 102.9 mark till March 2008 when it headed steadily upwards to 116.9p in July, then back down under a quid in October 2008, dropping to 82.9p by January 2009. It went up to a quid again in August, and has stayed over that ever since, reaching 132.9p in May 2011, then 138.7p (ASDA now like to stay 0.2p below Sainsbury's over the road) in April 2012, and carried on around the 126p - 136p mark ever since. It fell below 120p on 3 November, and was down to 112.7p last Monday - but when I filled up midweek, it was down to about 108p at Sainsbury's IIRC.
                    Could you knock that up graphically?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    At some point I'll have to knock up a script to extract the prices from all those emails and draw a pretty graph, but on the current showing it looks like it will possibly get below 100p in the New Year, for the first time since August 2009
                    Ah.

Comment

Working...
                    X