• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The telly has landed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The telly has landed

We went to currys after seeing the Hobbit iii

what a disaster !!!

not currys, the hobbit (in 3d)

anyways, we got a smart 3d Samsung for 650 quids. 48 incher

and the missus got it set up in 2 hours. its got this great light-sabre for selecting options

very neat, all this new technology
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

what a disaster !!!

not currys, the hobbit (in 3d)

anyways, we got a smart 3d Samsung for 650 quids. 48 incher

and the missus got it set up in 2 hours. its got this great light-sabre for selecting options

very neat, all this new technology
    What was wrong with the hobbit (in 3d)?

Comment

48". Is that all? ;-)

Are you sure you're cut out for contracting if thats all you can afford?

BTW. We got a 3D TV. Bought the glasses - another £30 or so a pair. Used them once. Can't be arsed to sit there and watch TV with glasses on my head. (But then I'm the same in the cinema - avoid 3D cos it just does my head in).
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        48". Is that all? ;-)

Are you sure you're cut out for contracting if thats all you can afford?

BTW. We got a 3D TV. Bought the glasses - another £30 or so a pair. Used them once. Can't be arsed to sit there and watch TV with glasses on my head. (But then I'm the same in the cinema - avoid 3D cos it just does my head in).
        Mrs Eek calls the 40" tv (its the biggest that the gap will take) I bought last week chavtastic. Given the typical size of a british living room I really don't understand where bigger TVs can actually be placed and be usable...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Mrs Eek calls the 40" tv (its the biggest that the gap will take) I bought last week chavtastic. Given the typical size of a british living room I really don't understand where bigger TVs can actually be placed and be usable...
          I think your mistake is putting in the "gap". To be really chavtastic you want to put it right in the middle of the room, even if that means not leaving anywhere for people to actually sit.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

or just make sure it covers the window so you get no natural light in - that seems to be a favourite in the local chav estates.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

what a disaster !!!

not currys, the hobbit (in 3d) ...
              I bought a top of the range bluray player, and it was struggling even with the HD version of "Hobbit the Revenge of Smorg" or whatever it was called. The damned thing kept hanging, obviously unable to keep up with the data rate.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Why do people put tvs on the wall as if they were pictures? This means you need to look up to view the screen when you are lying on the sofa. As a highly experienced lazy tw@t I know this is not the best viewing angle.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  Why do people put tvs on the wall as if they were pictures? This means you need to look up to view the screen when you are lying on the sofa. As a highly experienced lazy tw@t I know this is not the best viewing angle.
                  Indeed, never understood that, just because you can wall mount one it doesn't mean it's a good idea. I've seen a fair few wall mounted TV's in peoples houses and never found them comfortable to look at.

Grats Mrs EO on the wallet surgery

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    What was wrong with the hobbit (in 3d)?
                    dunno, it just seemed like same old, same old.

Top tip - if you are an Orc. Just when you are about to batter the humans , the pointy ears or the little beardy ones, just when you have a brilliant strategy , overwhelming numbers, giants machines of destruction, squadrons of war-bats or nazgul, just when all your traps work and you have a moral ascendancy
                    look to the North
                    then the west, south and east
                    go home.

it's not going to work out so well. Tolkein has it in for you. just go home
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X