• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll - could you afford to pay APNs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - could you afford to pay APNs?

If you were issued APNs in 2015 could you afford to pay them.
    Yes
    29.82%
    No
    70.18%

Straw poll ...

Nope - not even given time to pay over 2 years or longer ...
    "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

I have PMed the mods to request an andyw option. I will vote when the andyw option arrives. I suggest "APN=AndyW Pays Nothing".

As you are a mate I have asked for your perma-ban to be commuted to a month.....

Comment

No

No, I can't afford it at all. I have no house, no savings, no car, no assets whatsoever that I can sell, just come off a DMP so no chance of borrowing (lol) the level of money they'll want. I've got a good job but can't afford to pay APN within two years.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          If you were issued APNs in 2015 could you afford to pay them.
          Yes... by taking equity out of my house, but I would never be able to clear my mortgage, so would need to sell up.

Comment

Originally posted by DesparateDan View Post
            Yes... by taking equity out of my house, but I would never be able to clear my mortgage, so would need to sell up.
            I imagine this will be quite a common situation.

Comment

Still no AndyW option so still not voted.....

Comment

No

Nope.

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by DesparateDan View Post
                  Yep Same for Me

Comment

By Remortgaging

Is the only way I can possibly afford,

However a word of warning for those who do need to remortgage, lenders will not loan money if the reason is to pay a HMRC debt (or any debt for that matter). So if you wait until the actual APN comes in to get the mortgage and you give another reason (e.g. to buy a 2nd property, extension) you are technically committing mortgage fraud (e.g. giving a false reason for asking for the money).

If however you do so before hand (as technically there is no debt at this point) you could do so without technically committing mortgage fraud as once you have the money its up to you on how to use it.

Other option is to take a commercial loan, but thats way more expensive..

My point - be pro-active and start looking at mortgages now rather than waiting for a APN to roll in, having an offset mortgage can effectively stop you paying interest on the extra funds until you need it.

Comment

Working...
                    X