• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something going on with this plane?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something going on with this plane?

Virgin Atlantic B747 Gatwick to Las Vegas. Stacking south of the airport and what looks like two attempts to land so far.

Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!
    Me, me, me...

Looks similar to the one the other day - burning off fuel before landing.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Looks similar to the one the other day - burning off fuel before landing.
      Likely but two passes over the runway is unusual. Circled and then turned back south of the Bristol channel so won't be heading for Las Vegas.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

2014-12-29 15:23 Virgin Atlantic flight reports 'non-standard' landing

A Virgin Atlantic passenger plane "is preparing to implement a non-standard landing" at Gatwick airport because of "a technical issue with one of the landing gears", the airline has said.

Virgin said flight VS43 travelling from Gatwick to Las Vegas is returning to the West Sussex airport.

A spokesman said: "The aircraft is preparing to implement a non-standard landing procedure at Gatwick airport. A further update will be issued as soon as possible." ...
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Looks like it is going to try to land again.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Is Beardy Branson piloting it?

Comment

Photo of the landing gear

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Photo of the landing gear ...
                Crikey, yes they'll have a job landing with a great big black and white crate stuck to one of the wheels!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Landed safely
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Tis apparently landed.

I suspect flightradar24 is like my birdbox - before I had a camera in it, the birds came and went and I didn't pay much attention. Since I've had my camera, exactly the same stuff is happening, but I care a lot more about it!

Comment

Working...
                    X