• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More pollution and global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pollution and global warming

Should we allow aircraft to just dump fuel? Sounds fuel polluting. And quite expensive - their profits are too high.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Should we allow aircraft to just dump fuel? Sounds fuel polluting. And quite expensive - their profits are too high.
    They take on more fuel than needed so that they can get a free set of glass tumblers
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Would you prefer them to attempt a crash landing with a full tank of fuel?
      This is one of the reasons they dump fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        They take on more fuel than needed so that they can get a free set of glass tumblers
        I remember collecting medals from the 1970 world cup squad from Esso.

Comment

Takeoff weight is higher than the maximum landing weight

(Also, the lighter the aircraft is the slower it can fly/land - a nice bonus if you're missing some wheels)

Comment

No mention of the pollution.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
              Would you prefer them to attempt a crash landing with a full tank of fuel?
              This is one of the reasons they dump fuel.
              Possibly have detachable fuel tanks that could be ejected out in case of an emergency

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Possibly have detachable fuel tanks that could be ejected out in case of an emergency
                So lower their fuel efficiency and load carrying ability by adding the weight of a pointlessly engineered solution to a problem that doesn't exist. They can simply burn off excess fuel by circling or dump it in an emergency.

Comment

Working...
                X