• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost generation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost generation?

Young people are 'lost generation' who can no longer fix gadgets, warns professor - Telegraph

Will Zeity agree?

Would Mich?
    Last edited by BigTime; 30 December 2014, 09:46.

Comment

I read that yesterday and partly agree, however there is a world of difference between fixing an old valve radio and an iphone. You can't even get the back off the damned iphone.

The shoebox/magnifying glass projector for your phone sounded like a good wheeze - blue peter should be doing stuff like that. Assuming it's still going.

Comment

well if you are going to create a world where kids are mollycoddled, spoilt little sh!ts who are told from an early age that all they need to do is shout and 'someone' will come and solve their problem why do we think it is a shock to find we have a generation who cannot solve a problem?

doooooomed I tell the

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          I read that yesterday and partly agree, however there is a world of difference between fixing an old valve radio and an iphone. You can't even get the back off the damned iphone.

The shoebox/magnifying glass projector for your phone sounded like a good wheeze - blue peter should be doing stuff like that. Assuming it's still going.
          I think they are all in prison - along with the rest of the BBC from that era.

Especially Peter Pervert.

Comment

Blue Peter is still going strong. Current incumbents Barney Harwood, Lindsey Russell, Radzi Chinyanganya.

There has never been any hint of wrong doing by Peter Purves. Though apparently he and Valerie Singleton did have an affair. As far as I know no presenter has been caught doing anything really wrong. John Leslie's been accused of rape a few times but never prosecuted.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Blue Peter is still going strong. Current incumbents Barney Harwood, Lindsey Russell, Radzi Chinyanganya.

There has never been any hint of wrong doing by Peter Purves. Though apparently he and Valerie Singleton did have an affair.
              Valerie Singleton also had an affair with Lesbian Judd....

Comment

a world of difference between fixing an old valve radio and an iphone
                Quite. I used to do electronics as a hobby, repaired things and even made my own add ons for ZX81s, Spectrums, QLs that worked at about 1.2mhz but near impossible to repair or modify later stuff, apart from just replacing boards. One issue is tiny size of the boards and the other is far higher frequency which makes layout critical.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

how to turn a bottle of water into a lamp
                  Note above in that link. My son had a larva lamp that broke so I took the still working base lamp and stuck a bottle of Smirnoff vodka on it. Looks great!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    My son had a larva lamp that broke
                    Did it turn into a butterfly?

Comment

Working...
                    X