• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More kids and guns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More kids and guns

Only in America

BBC News - US woman accidentally shot dead by boy, two, in Idaho Wal-Mart

It seems in the eyes of Americans these events are acceptable.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A killing by a 2 year old.... Good grief, how can people let it happen that a 2 year old can come into contact with, let alone discharge a handgun? Pure, unadulterated stupidity.

Comment

more to come, i'd say

American family pictures of Christmas guns presents being unwrapped | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          A killing by a 2 year old.... Good grief, how can people let it happen that a 2 year old can come into contact with, let alone discharge a handgun? Pure, unadulterated stupidity.
          To be fair, they were in a supermarket. It'd be as difficult as keeping the kid away from the rack of sweets by the checkout to prevent this kind of thing, and we all know how hard that can be!

Comment

Incredibly sad but this is probably a good site to guess why

Grab-N-Go - People Of Walmart : People Of Walmart
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Frank Skinner had a routine about crazy Americans years ago, where the premise was 'I'll believe absolutely anything you tell me if you start it with 2 words..... In America...'

Never a truer word spoken...

Comment

I was in Dallas last year and whilst having a beer in the hotel bar a perfectly sensible, intelligent man, he was an installation engineer for medical scanning equipment, told me that we, the Brits were wrong. He didn't understand how we could refuse to sell guns in supermarkets but we allowed strong liquor to be sold there. According to him it was fine to walk down Main Street with a .44 magnum hidden on your person or in open view, but not a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I adore the US, and the vast majority of the population, but they do have some just plain stupid ideas.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

The country was born in a revolution. The only way they could get rid of a tyranny was by arming themselves and fighting it, they recognised that it could happen again and so the only way to prevent it was by making it a fundamental right to bear arms.
                  The consequences are insanity, as we know, but that's where it all stems from.

The way Barak Ebola is going, they may well end up with tyranny AND 2 yr olds shooting their mums
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    The way Barak Ebola is going, they may well end up with tyranny AND 2 yr olds shooting their mums
                    But at least none of their nutters can drink strong liquor in public or deny the Lord God Almighty.
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                    X