• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Submit Accounts online - Taxonomy error

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Submit Accounts online - Taxonomy error

Hi

I am trying to submit accounts to HMRC using their CT600.pdf document for the period 01/04/2013 - 31/03/2014 but I am getting the following error on submission :

Error code: 3320 The period to which this Return's Computation applies does not coincide with the effective from/to dates of the referenced Computation Taxonomy. Please correct and re-submit.

The PDF document shows the correct accounting period selected at the top of the page, and the dates entered in boxes AC3 and AC4 are correct.

Phoning the help desk for CT and Online Services both are simply either engaged or "All operators are busy..bye"

I filed separately the accounts @ Companies House and they were accepted fine.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with HMRCs own system, as we use external software, however I know the gateway is fussy about leading zeros etc.

For a 31.3.14 year end you have until 31.3.15 to submit the CT600 and accounts to HMRC, although the Corporation Tax payment is due 1.1.15.

Assuming your CT600 tells you the amount of CT due, I would pay it, shut the computer down, party like its 1999, and call HMRC next month.

Have a good NYE

Comment

PS, if you haven't found it already, look at page 11 of https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...linevalids.pdf

Comment

I've had this happen if I've had multiple copies of the pdf open (say this years and last years so I can check figures). If you go to the computations review and click on the view and print link then "computations" in the CT600 Output pdf file and make sure your figures are there. If not, save the file, close adobe down and then reopen the CT600 file you want to submit. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...

This morning (well afternoon...too many beers!) closing the PDF and re-opening it seemed to work

Hopefully, because they went to Companies House okay and I paid the bill, I won't get a late submission penalty...fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by techno View Post
            Thanks for the replies...

This morning (well afternoon...too many beers!) closing the PDF and re-opening it seemed to work

Hopefully, because they went to Companies House okay and I paid the bill, I won't get a late submission penalty...fingers crossed!
            No, you won't, sunmission deadlier for ct600 is +12months, so 31.3.15

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
              No, you won't, sunmission deadlier for ct600 is +12months, so 31.3.15
              Still drunk from last night?
              Last edited by mudskipper; 1 January 2015, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Still drunk from last night?
                Only had two glasses

iOs finger trouble alas....

Should, of course, read submission deadline

Comment

Working...
                X