• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm back !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back !

It's so good to be back again after all this time :-)

How ya been ?

Comment

You'll find it fewer than that.

I don't have a contract yet...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Who was he?
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

9 years patient waiting just for that.

It's like those desert flowers that lie there dormant waiting for the rain. Only for Cojak to spring out from behind a cactus with a bucket of weedol as soon as it clouds up.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            WGAS

If you look in the members list, there's thousands of names with 2, 1, or zero posts.

It's sockie heaven.

Indeed on the WGAS comment, clearly it amuses the sockmeister though.

Doubt it would take Admin long to clear down the user list and scrape all those sockies into the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Doubt it would take Admin long to clear down the user list and scrape all those sockies into the bin.
              Life's too short for that tulip, got too much other (productive) work to do! A lot of the cack in there is from the days when it was cool to add profiles to forums to try and get links for SEO purposes. A lot of the 1 and 2 post accounts are people doing what a lot of people do on forums - sign up, ask a question, read the answer, bugger off!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

If Admin doesn't know who they are, how will they know which ones to remove?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  Write a script, not difficult, probably just a query on the database, something like this ....

UPDATE users SET userstatus='disabled' WHERE postcount <= 5 AND lastlogin > '01/01/2014';

Job done ...
                  There is no disabled, users are either in or out. Could set them back to the new user group but that exists for users with a post count < whatever already so if they are above this they will automatically be upgraded to the standard registered user group (and will therefore be able to post without moderation) or they will already be in the lower privilege group due to their low post count, which means they can't post without prior mod approval and therefore most sockie posts don't turn up. Every system is a can of worms!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    9 years patient waiting just for that.

It's like those desert flowers that lie there dormant waiting for the rain. Only for Cojak to spring out from behind a cactus with a bucket of weedol as soon as it clouds up.
                    Old regulars with logins having their hard working sockies snuffed out by Newbie Mods. Poor show.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X