• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice Pearls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Pearls

Before Swine:

http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine

I like the crocs.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 26 January 2017, 10:23.

I saw a crocodile the other day:

Wiki Linky

My sighting was at the Swiss Transport Museum in Lucerne. The placard about the loco said this:

A milestone in Swiss mechanical engineering

Electric freight locomotive Be 6/811 No 13254 Crocodile! Swiss Federal Railways CFF 1920

The brilliant idea behind the Crocodile was to mount the transformer, which was the heaviest single item of the electric equipment, on a girder underframe, which was in turn supported by the two articulated end-chassis. This made it extremely flexible on curves. This construction principle was copied all over the world, and the SLM was able to export similar engines to countries as remote as India.

MFOSLM 126t 2700kW 75km/h restoration by Swiss Federal Railways CFF in operation 1920-1982

In1926,the SLM exported Crocodile locomotives to India
    Last edited by Sysman; 2 January 2015, 11:39.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
    X