• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pope gets it right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pope gets it right

Pope's speech stirs Muslim anger

Muslim religious leaders have accused Pope Benedict XVI of quoting anti-Islamic remarks during a speech at a German university this week.
    Questioning the concept of holy war, he quoted a 14th-Century Christian emperor who said Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    Pope's speech stirs Muslim anger

Muslim religious leaders have accused Pope Benedict XVI of quoting anti-Islamic remarks during a speech at a German university this week.
    Questioning the concept of holy war, he quoted a 14th-Century Christian emperor who said Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things
    Go Pope Benny

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Link please
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5346480.stm

Comment

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
          Substitute the bomb for the sword and it's about right

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Some of the prophet's (peace be upon him) swords apparently:

God seems a bit confused at times about his messages...

Comment

Brave man

The word 'jihad' is as old as the Muslim faith which proclaims that killing is only condemned if the victim is Muslim whereas killing non-Muslims is almost excusable. History is littered with massacres of Christians by Muslims, eg the Armenian genocide that Turkey even to this day refuses to acknowledge that it ever took place. This so-called civilised country that wants to be part of the E.U. has already cancelled a previous invitation by the head of the Greek Church in Constantinople (Istanbul) to the Pope. He in turn has expressed the view that Turkey will never be part of the European family, for geographical and historical as well as social and economic reasons.

Comment

Mmm... I suppose the next question is... if these people are mutually exclusive to our way of life, why have we allowed so many of them to settle here...?

Surely, if we can support what are euphemistically called 'communities' of tens of thousands of such people, why not 'let the barbarians through the gates', so to speak...?
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Seen how Islamic protests have halted a change to the law in Pakistan whereby women must produce four male witnesses to prove rape? Since rape is almost never going to have any witnesses other than the victim and the perpetrators this will almost always be impossible and since adultery is a crime, hundreds of raped women have been jailed because they cannot prove that sex was forced upon them.

Seen the recent Turkish poll (small admittedly) that showed 40% support for honour killings with over 20% thinking a woman's nose and ears should be cut off for adultery?

Next time some Muslim bangs on about how their repulsive barbaric backward religion is respectful to women ask them to explain those.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I think anyone who has read my previous posts on such matters sees the rhetorical nature of my question...

And that, Xog, is why we are now seeing the same sort of behaviour in the UK.... such as the treatment of women you mention, and the bizarely named 'honour killings' .. in a similar vein to 'joy riding' where someone gets killed... both are murder, and should be simply called that.
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X